Chapter 10: The Monster Inside Of Me

Hitagi's P.O.V

I woke up in a dark, musty place. Well at least it felt like I woke up. No. I was awake. Just not in my home anymore. I was laying in a puddle of water, but when I got up, not a single inch of me was wet. "Hello?!" I yelled. My voice bounced off the walls as if I was in a series of tunnels.

There was a faint greenish yellow light at the end of this tunnel. I followed it and my eyes quickly adjusted to the dim light. There were pipes along the walls and I was in tunnels. There was about three inches of water on the ground.

I got to the weird light and turned into a big room. Like it was HUGE. But the room was cut in half by insanely thick, super strong metal bars. They were about thirty feet tall and made some sort of barrier. There was a weird seal that I had never seen before in the middle blocking it from ever being opened. I looked like it was built to keep someone out... Or maybe something in.

I slowly walked toward the bars and I heard breathing. But not the ordinary breathing if a human being, the breathing of an extremely large animal.

"H-hello?" I called to behind the bars. I looked in a little and a ginormous eye stared back at me. It's pupil the size of a bears head. I covered my mouth to keep from screaming. There was a sharp growl before one huge, white paw stepped into the light. Followed by a head and ten massive tails. Staring straight at me was a ten tailed snow white fox.

"What do you want girl." The beast bellowed. It shook the entire room with its voice and then some. "N-nothing. I don't even know how I got here." I stammered still in awe. It chuckled and answered, " You don't know what I am do you?!" It laughed. It was a cruel, sinister laugh that shook me to the bone. " No." I said with a small voice.

It bent its head and looked me in the eyes. "I am the ten tails. The white fox of legend. I've lived inside you since your parents have died. They died sealing me inside of you. I've been through all you have been through. Seen all that you have seen." It said. It breathed out a cloud of freezing air. "I am the monster inside of you!" It laughed. My head was spinning. What?!? Everyone always told me that my parents died on a classified mission that I wasn't even allowed to know about! Not fighting a giant fox! And I know all about the tailed beasts, but they're only ten! And the last one is definitely not a fox! "Tell me girl, what has happened to make your sadness and anger so thick?" It asked. 

All of the memories of Sakura and Naruto flushed quickly back into my head. Without warning, everything just spilled out to the fox. It listened with keen ears and a devious smile on its face. 

"Why don't you let me take over for a while then. I'll lend you some of my power." It breathed.

Suddenly, along with the fox's horrible laughter, the room spun faster and faster until I blacked out once more...

~~

I woke up again to see Sasuke staring down at me with a horrified look on his face. "S-Sasuke?" I spoke. "Hitagi... You- you're hair..." He said pointing a shaky finger. I propped myself up on one elbow and long white hair with shining silver highlights tumbled down my shoulders. I mean, my hair was long before but now it flowed past my heals about a foot behind me, like a gleaming silver train. 

I was about to say something but a searing pain at the top of my head caught me off guard. It felt like two kunai knives were being pushed through my skull from the inside, right where my bangs parted. "AHHHHH!" I let out a scream and pulled at the hair around where two, fuzzy shapes were sprouting out. The pain then moved from my head, traveling down my spine towards my tail bone. Then, finally, spreading around my whole body until everything burned. My body was out of control, curling and uncurling. My muscles tensing and un-tensing. I let out another blood curdling scream and the pain subsided, leaving my body writhing and exhausted. 

All was still for a few moments and I could feel Sasuke's eyes on me. After a few deep breaths I slowly got to my knees. "Hitagi? Is that you." I heard Sasuke ask as he inched closer and closer to me. I looked at my hands to see razor sharp claws that were hard as diamond. Same with my toes. I touched my face and it was soft and smooth. My eye lashes had grown about three inches.  "W- what happened to me?!?!" I screamed mainly to myself but to Sasuke also. Sasuke took a beep breath and said, "Go look in the mirror." I nodded and with one shaky step after the other, I made my way to my bathroom.

My claws clacked against the tile floor and I kept tripping over my hair as I made it to the mirror. I looked and was startled by my own reflection. My eyes were a shining yet dark blood red colour like the fox's. Two white fox ears stuck out of my head and my human ears were gone, replaced by long, thick pieces of hair. Fangs, needle sharp, poked out instead of my normal human K-9's  Something white behind me twisted and, funny enough, I wasn't surprised to see a soft fluffy fox tail sprouting out my tail bone. 

I walked out of the bathroom and stood in front of Sasuke. "What am I?" I asked. He opened his arms ans was hesitant for a moment, before wrapping them around me. "I don't know." He breathed into my neck, but I wasn't really listening to his voice. I was mesmerised by the sound of his blood pumping through his veins. Pulsing and flowing. I could smell the salty liquid, but instead of being disgusted by it, I craved it. The urge to sink my new, gleaming sharp fangs into his neck was unbelievable. With insane effort I pushed him away from me. My mouth was watering, and if I was hugging him for any longer I knew I wouldn't be able to resist the urge. 

"S-stay back!" I said with one hand outstretched and the other covering my mouth as I tried to calm myself down. "Hitagi?" He asked, but listened and kept his distance. I heard a sinister chuckle in the back of my head and recognised it right away. "Isn't this great?!? Can't you feel the power flowing through your veins? Can you feel the blood of an animal mixing with your own human blood? Don't be afraid. Keep your distance from that boy though, or he'll end up dead!" 

And with that, the fox's voice faded along with that horrible laugh. What am I going to do?! I just wanted to hurt Sasuke. What if the fox is right? What if I end up killing him? I thought to myself and tears started to well in my eyes. I can't live without Sasuke, but if I killed him, I know that I wouldn't be able to ever forgive myself. "Will the Hokage know what to do?" Sasuke's voice startled me out of my thoughts. That's when it hit me. Of coarse! I remember the Hokage and Iruka Sensei talking about me and how I'll be a great Shinobi but I'll be dangerous because of what I was! I needed answers and I needed them now.

"Yeah. I think he will." I said as I flung the door open and waved for Sasuke to follow me. Then without closing or locking my door, I bolted off at a speed I didn't even know was possible. Everything seemed to go by in a blur but also in slow motion as I moved faster then any human could match. Sasuke seemed to keep up though. He was always fast. 

Thoughts of what the fox had said kept flowing in my head as we made our way to the Hokage tower.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! sorry for the wait but wattpad was being stupid and a whole half of this chapter just went away.  -.- Anywaysssssssssssssss I want 1000000 votes for the next chapter!!!!!!!!!!! :D lawl jk jk 50 would be nice :) 

thanks for reading guys :):):):) 

                                                         xx- Rylee