Chapter 13: Leaving.

I slipped from Sasuke's arms and stood, my back facing away from him.

This was for his own good. Right? It's only until I get this thing under control. I quietly opened the window, glancing back at Sasuke. He mumbled something and turned over. A tear slipped from my eye as I jumped from the window, my feet making a quiet thud on the grass. I took one last look at the hospital where he lay before bolting off towards my house.

I ran past Naruto who glanced at me, a somber look on his face.

"H-Hitagi wait!" He held out his arm towards me and I slowed to a stop, my back to him. "I'm sorry for the way I acted. I don't like Sakura." He mumbled. My head turned towards him slightly.

"It doesn't matter. I'm over it. The damage is done, Naruto." My shoulders shook as more tears fell down my face. I could hear footsteps walking over to me and then arms wrap around my waist from behind.

"Naruto..." I looked down at his hands, the fingers that intertwined over my belly button. "I- I have to go." I whispered, trying to take his hands off of my waist.

"No you don't." He said, burying his face into my neck. All I could really think of was how warm he was, the nights still being pretty chilly.

"Listen." I said as I turned around in his arms, cupping his cheeks in my hands. His big blue eyes stared into my own. "I'm going away for a bit. It's because of this new change I'm doing through. I don't know how long I'll be gone, but I need you to cover for me. Can you do that? Make sure Sasuke doesn't do anything rash. Please?" I begged with him. He nodded and hugged me tighter.

"Where are you going anyway?" He asked. I shrugged.

"Right now, I need to go to the Hokage building. Hopefully I'll get some answers there." I mumbled into his neck, my palms now resting on his chest.

"Come back soon. I'll watch pretty boy for you." I heard him chuckle.

"Thank you, Naruto." I broke away from him, heading in the direction of the Hokage building. The wind whipped past me, thankfully drying the tears that threatened to spill.

I neared the doors and bursts in, running up the steps to the old mans office. He was standing in the door way with some unknown Jonin. She was fair skinned with jet black hair the was tied in a ponytail that went to her waist. Her eyes were just as black, rimmed with thick eyelashes.

"This is Sen. She's a master at sealing jutsu's and has dealt with many of your kind, including the eight tails." The old man said. "She'll help you get your beast under control as well."

The woman nodded. "Call me Sensei Kurasaki. We'll be leaving tonight. All you'll need is the clothes on your back." She said, folding her arms over her chest. "You're ready to leave then?" She asked. I nodded.

"Yes. I'm ready." I was determined to do this. No matter how hard I'm pushed. No matter what limits I must reach, I will do this. For the safety of my friends and especially for the safety of Sasuke.