Part 1, Chapter 3

"Welcome To Ophelia City"

Things were different now. Without family... Friendless... I wonder why Yujin hyung insisted that I come here. If that even was my older brother that sent that message. 

I got off the bus as I come to see an aesthetically eye-catching dome. The very structure that holds Ophelia City inside it. I followed the line as I awaited entry to Ophelia City. The process was quick. I just showed my I.D. & was scanned from head to toe. 

Once inside I began to just walk around. The place was beautiful. Everything I expected it to be. People went in all kinds of directions & the S.Y.N.D.I.C.A.T.E. branding was nearly marked all over the place. I bumped an older man accidentally.  I, of course, went on to apologize while I could. "Oh, I am sorry. I am not used to being here. This is my first time."

The person smirked as they lightly punched my shoulder. "사과하지 마. 나도 부딪혔잖아, 얘야. 어쨌든 오필리아 시티에는 무슨 일로 왔니?" (Don't apologize. I also bumped you, kid. What brings you to Ophelia City anyway ?) I smiled sheepishly a bit embarrassed. I am certainly surprised he didn't want an apology. "Uh, it has always been my dream to come here. I just was mysteriously told to come by my hyung..." Odd. I felt like I could say anything & this old man wouldn't judge at all. 

He was clearly older given the way he spoke, but visually looked no older than my brother Yongchan. So could he really be called an Ahjussi ? Or is that too much of a stretch ?

"Have housing ? Any food ? A job ?", he asked these things out of pure curiosity. I doubt people usually come to the capital  city without a real plan for being here. "아... 아뇨, 아쭈시. 계획에 없던 일이에요." (Uh... no, Ahjussi. I didn't really plan it through.) The man smiled as he called a car with him. I recognized this car. It was white with gold accents. The interior was very technologically advanced. The seats moved & turned in all kinds of directions. You can have several monitors for stuff on while the car essentially drives itself or if you have a driver of your own. 

The kind old man gave me a lift. This is when I nearly ran out of complete shock. The car ride was smooth & quiet. Parking itself outside of S.Y.N.D.I.C.A.T.E Enterprises... The very building I have always imagined visiting. "I have always wanted to see this place...", I admit this when I hear a small chuckle. The man gestured to the building before gesturing to himself. "I figured. Most people admire my life' work." 

I was lead inside by the kind Ahjussi. The process started almost immediately.  The Ahjussi sat me down in his office while I encountered my first real operative. "Fill out the forms so we can get you situated, Jangjun ya." I nodded only to watch how this operative interacted with the Ahjussi. They seemed to have a familial bond.

Once my paperwork was done I was given an operative I.D. , operative clothes specifically made for me (really just multiple pairs of the same), & I was lead to my room. The rooms only opened by a eye scan of the owner or an operative of a higher level than the owner. "어, 이름이 뭐에요? 이제 형으로 생각해도 될까요?" (Uh, what's your name ? Should I consider you a hyung now ?) I asked this lightly as I was still new. Last thing I wanted was making enemies my first day. 

The person scoffed as he showed me everything he could at the moment. "아니요. 형이 아니에요. 그냥 제로 선배라고 불러주세요. 쉬세요 장준야. 내일은 밝고 일찍 시작합니다.(No. I am not your hyung. Just call me zero sunbae. Rest up, Jangjun ya. Tomorrow you start bright and early.)

Once alone finally I took a few deep breathes as I sat down on what was now my bed. Just what have I gotten myself into ?