Part 3, Chapter 3

"Cold, Sleep, & Numb"

I stepped outside one second before my vision was blocked & I was brought somewhere. The bag over my head was soon removed showing my brother Yujin leaning against a wall while a girl had me restrained to a chair. Was this Myung-Hee  ?

"You know what S.Y.N.D.I.C.A.T.E. is hiding, yes ? What do they plan on releasing on the world ?", she asked but my eyes stayed on my brother. Slowly as I adjusted to the room I quickly realized this was a N.I.G.H.T.M.A.R.E. hidden base in Ophelia City. Why wouldn't they have just stayed in Coral City ? How long have they been watching Syn.D HQ ? Does the Founder know the city has been compromised with the rival agency' operatives ?

"형..." (Hyung...) I began & soon Yujin stepped in. "Stop it, Myung-Hee ya. My brother will tells us everything. There is no need to scare him..." I rolled my eyes as she backed off at his request. I remained silent as my brother took a seat in front of me. 

"Tell us what you found out, Jangjun. We need to know." I had no reason to not trust Yujin. Even if we were estranged siblings. I told them everything showed them the photos I took as well. Things were going well until suddenly Yujin hit the floor asleep & Myung-Hee soon followed. I looked up from, where I was sat to find Zero sunbae & the members of the Mythology Program. Had they always known about this hidden base & that Yujin hyung was back in Ophelia City ? They didn't seemed to want Yujin hyung at all. They left him with Myung-Hee on the floor.

Zero quickly bound my hands in handcuffs. The others looked disappointed in me as we made our way back to Syn.D HQ. It was a blur. I don't remember much. 

I was blinded by a light as I was once again restrained to a chair. The door opened revealing the Ahjussi. "장주냐, 네가 쓴 이 작은 죄악은 그냥 넘어갈게. 신화 프로그램에 글이 너무 많아. 내가 너를 어떻게 해야하지, 응?" (I will let this little transgression go on your part, Jangjun ya. I have far too much writing on mythology program. What should I do with you, hmm ?) I shivered as I felt like the others were watching, but I couldn't see them. Or maybe they weren't watching at all ? "What about Yujin hyung ? Didn't you want him back ? Didn't you do all of this to get him back ?"

He laughed as he pointed at me in an oddly playful manner. "Yujin ? We gave up on Yujin the minute he left. Why do you think I bumped you when we first met, Jangjun. We turned our sights on you." I was speechless. None of this was a coincidence. All of this was planned. The second I got to Ophelia City I was Syn.D' ultimate target. 

I gulped. For the first real time... I am nervous. "I know all your secrets now... What will you do with me ? I imagine you won't allow me to go back home." The Ahjussi  suddenly took out a needle. I knew the substance well. It was what numbed the body & would put someone to sleep. This specific substance had an anti-aging product inside. This substance readied people for entering cryogenic chambers. "장주냐, 잠시 얼음을 올려줄게요. 냉동실에서 시간을 보내는 게 좋을 거예요. 이런 친절함을 보여주는 거예요. 왜냐하면 당신은 여전히 제가 가장 좋아하는 사람이기 때문이죠..." (We'll put you on ice for a bit, Jangjun ya. Some time in the cryo-genic chamber will be good for you. This kindness is what I am showing you because you are still my favorite...)

Favorite ? How can the Founder still be so impressed to consider me his favorite ? Was Yujin hyung his previous favorite ? "Can you share a few things with me before you do this ? As your favorite..."

The Ahjussi nodded as he seemed to want to indulge me. Maybe in some sick way I really was his favorite... "What do you want to know, Jangjun ya ?" I sighed as I knew there was no way out of this. "What's your real name ? Will I be able to go home after I leave cryogenics ?"

"진상 씨. 박진상 씨. 제 이름은 장준야입니다. 집에 가는 것에 대해서는 나중에 다시 깨어나시면 다시 논의하도록 하겠습니다." (Jin-Sang. Park Jin-Sang. That is my name, Jangjun ya. As for going home, we'll discuss that later when you awaken again.) It wasn't long before the needle was injected. I barely caught my breathe as my body numbed & I began closing my eyes. 

Nothingness. Darkness. I felt my body being moved & then all I felt was cold. Sharp & unrelenting cold...