Part 2, Chapter 5

"A Little Glimpse"

The streets of Ophelia City was quiet as we walked around. Zero barely glanced as we passed him. I assume he allowed our excursion because the other members of the Mythology Program were higher than me in rank. Now outside we'd refer to each other using our codenames. 

I looked up at the dome as V sunbae stood beside me. The others were chatting or running around freely. I don't think they left HQ much from what I was seeing now. The dome looks translucent & beautiful on the inside. V sunbae nudged me with a smile, "You'll see the beauty in things you never thought possible. Welcome to the team." I think he only said this because he hadn't officially accepted me as a part of then team until now. Not that I blame him.

"You've referring to the dome, right ? It does look beautiful..."  V nodded as he looked up with me at the dome. However, I could tell there was something else he meant. So I questioned a bit further. "오선배 씨가 아닌 거 아는데 유진 씨랑 관계가 있나요?" (I know there is something you aren't saying, Five sunbae. Does this have anything to do with Yujin ?) He looked shocked by my question. As soon as I mentioned my brother I was even more certain he was hiding something. "Yujin ? How do you know about Yujin ?"

I sighed as I answered him. Weird. I wasn't that close with my Yujin hyung as a whole, but I am worried about him. "He's my older brother, Five sunbae. How can I not talk about him ?", I say this as to not give away the few pieces of information I do have. V sunbae seemed to nod once more as he went off to join the others. 

I walked a little behind them all as I looked at the dome. I have information, but it still is only a little information. So far I know a few things. Dr. Lee is the one who designed the dome & keeps specific notes on the Mythology Program' physical strengths as to impress investors. Yujin hyung once was an operative here before he left. He says not to trust anyone, but I am finding that harder said than done. No one here seems downright evil in any way...

Jimin sunbae matched my pace of walking as he looked from the dome to me. "What are you thinking, Eight ? I feel you are struggling with where you want to belong." His questions weren't meant to upset me. However, can I admit to anything without giving anything away ? 

"What makes you think that, Four sunbae ?", I reply keeping my eyes on the dome that surrounded us. "모르겠어요. 그냥 불편해 보이는 거예요. 이상하네요. 오필리아 시티가 불편하게 하면 안 돼요." (I don't know. You just seem very uncomfortable. Which is weird. Ophelia City shouldn't be making you uncomfortable.) I have no idea why, but I snapped back at him. I didn't like how this was making me feel. The awkward indication there was something wrong with me. Did Yujin feel like this with them ?

"Why shouldn't I be uncomfortable ? I am away from home... I feel off... Like no matter what I say or do, nothing will give me any kind of confidence..." He seemed to sigh as a small grimace overcame his face from the tone in my voice. 

His next words are what solidified my belief that there was absolutely something wrong. Something I have yet to uncover. "As insignificant as you feel... There are greater things at work in store for you. History will remember your name..."

It wasn't long before I was back in my room once more when I checked my phone one last time before turning in for the night. I had one long message. 

~~~~~~

[UNKNOWN]: It's me, Jangjun ya. I am in Ophelia City. I will be lying low so I can make sure nothing happens to you. Rumors are spreading that Syn.D will be unveiling something really soon. Find out what you can while you can. Okay ? I believe in you...