Part 2, Chapter 1

"Jungkook Hyung, Odd Feelings, & Brotherly Drama"

An alarm blared in my ears as to wake me. I groaned as I heard Zero Sunbae' voice through a speaker. "일어나세요, 장준 씨. 로비로 가셔서 가이드를 기다리시면 됩니다. 주의하세요." (Wake up, Jangjun ya. Head to the lobby and await your guide. Make sure to pay attention.) I looked at the clock finding that it was four in the morning. A time I really didn't want to be awake. 

I got ready before using the elevator to get to the lobby. I stood a bit awkwardly as people passed me by like I wasn't there. A few minutes passed before someone approached me. "Jangjun, right ? I am to show you around." I gave a smile as I bowed, "Nice to meet you, sunbae..."

The person chuckled as they grabbed my wrist to take me on the tour. "선배님? 정국형이라고 불러주세요. 결국 저희 팀 장준이 형이 될 거예요." (Sunbae ? Call me Jungkook hyung. After all you'll be joining my team, Jangjun.) The awkwardness was replaced with a calmness as we walked. 

Jungkook pointed out many things to me. Syn.D HQ had many facilities within its building. A cafeteria, a gym, a VR Chatroom, the laboratory, & much else. I was a bit in awe as we walked around. I never knew Syn.D Enterprises had so much in its building.

There even was a train station that operatives could access from anywhere in the city to bring them back to HQ. "This place really is wonderful, hyung. It has so much..." Jungkook smirked as he widely gestured to everything around us at the moment, "Syn.D HQ is completely state of the art. No expense is too grand for its operatives. Cool, right ?"

I simply nodded as we stopped outside a room. This room was familiar instantly. It was the Founder' office. Jungkook hyung took his place among six others as the Ahjussi addressed me. "장준아 어서와. 신화 프로그램에 따라 훈련을 시키기로 했어. 필요한 건 이박사님 팀이나 제로가 제공해 줄 수 있어. 알았지?" (Jangjun, welcome. I have assigned you to train under the mythology program. Anything you need can be provided by your team, Dr. Lee, or Zero. Okay ?)

I nodded once more when I noticed something. A sweater hanging in the closest on the right side of the room. I went over to it. Subconsciously my hands went over the fabric before Zero stepped in to close it. It was quick, but I caught a tag. The name wasn't fully revealed to me, but I saw a part of it. "Yu" was all I read before I followed my new team members out of the room. Who was Yu ? Why did the Ahjussi have their sweater ? Ahjussi spoke with Zero briefly behind the closed door.

The seven others dispersed seemingly all used to this behavior. I didn't get to dwell on this long before Zero broke down some rules to me.

1. Curfew for trainees is at 10. No leaving unless you were called by a sunbae or Ahjussi.

2. Trust the organization. Everything here is for my benefit.

3. Everything in the facility is open to me. Just stay out of the laboratory without reason.

I moved close to Jungkook hyung as he was the only familiar one to me at the moment. "Hyung... Who did that sweater belong to ? Who is Yu ? The rest of the name I couldn't make out." I asked this genuinely curious but Jungkook brushed this off, "모르겠어요, 장준야. 너무 생각하지 마요. 아무것도 아닐 거예요. 알겠어요?" (I have no idea, Jangjun ya. Don't dwell on it. I am sure it is nothing. Okay ?)

Odd. Why did I feel like this is a lie ? Why couldn't I know ? The others introduced themselves as they treated me to a team dinner. 

Time went by quick. I learned about them each a bit & I bowed as I turned in for the night. I was getting ready for bed when I got those weird messages again.

~~~~~~

[UNKNOWN]: Are you in Ophelia City now ? 

Jangjun: Why does that matter ? Who is this ?

[UNKNOWN]:  못 알아냈나요? 저 유진 오빠 장준야입니다. (You haven't figured it out ? It is me, Yujin. Your older brother, Jangjun ya.)

Jangjun: What do you really want then ? You avoided coming home & now you want to talk ? Why contact me from an unknown number ?

I was fed up. My older brother Yujin was never the easiest to warm up to. He also moved away as quickly as he could when he was younger. What could he possibly want from me now ? The brother he doesn't really know after all these years...

[UNKNOWN]: Where are you ? Can you meet me in the city tomorrow around 2 ?

Jangjun: I will see. Goodnight, hyung.

~~~~~~

Once my phone cut off I sat in the dark a few moments. Just why did this odd feeling occur even now ? What could my brother possibly say tomorrow ?