Part 2, Chapter 4

"A Little Confirmation"

The alarm blared in my ears causing me to sit up with an annoyed groan. I glanced at the clock a bit surprised. It was three in the morning. I spoke out loud to the speaker. I was shocked to hear Namjoon sunbae' voice instead of Zero sunbae. "미안해 장준아. 나는 항상 1시간 일찍 훈련을 시작해. 너도 나랑 같이 갈래." (I am sorry, Jangjun. I always begin training an hour early. I figured you might want to join me.)

I yawned before getting up. "It's fine, Namjoon sunbae. I will meet you downstairs." I got ready & took the elevator downstairs to meet him in the lobby. Still yawning as I went. Namjoon sunbae seemed to feel bad as he handed me a water bottle. 

"I am sorry, Jangjun ya. I must've really annoyed you with waking  you up early." I shook my head as I smiled slightly. I was a bit annoyed, but that was mainly because I thought Zero sunbae would send me to solitary again. I honestly thought Yoongi sunbae would've said something about last night. If he did, had he just not told Zero ?

"괜찮아요 남준 선배님 저는 그냥 제로 선배님일 줄 알았어요." (I don't mind, Namjoon sunbae. I just thought you would've been Zero sunbae.)  We got to training in complete silence. My mind was racing. The dome being the first thing on my mind besides how Yujin hyung is connected to everything. 

An hour had gone by before the others came to train as well. Yoongi sunbae scowled whenever we made eye contact, but he stuck close to J-Hope & Jin as he trained. V, Jimin, & Jungkook hyung seemed very energetic as they trained. The extra people in the training room filled it with welcomed noise. Zero oversaw our training today as Dr. Lee seemed to be called away for some reason. 

Namjoon let me tag along again as we left training for lunch. I sat across from him contemplating if I should ask him anything after what happened last night. "What is it ? You look like you want to ask me something, Jangjun ya." I gulped as I mustered the courage to ask. "Do you know any secrets, Namjoon sunbae ? I feel like there is a lot that I feel I can't ask about around here..."

Namjoon smirked as he laughed a little. Did he find this hilarious ? I seriously want to get some answers. Something was off ever since I got here. "I know many secrets. Just what exactly are you asking to know ?" I sat silent a few moments as I thought of  how to word my questions. I may finally get some answers.

"오필리아 시티 위에 있는 돔을 이박사님이 디자인하셨네요? 안에 무엇을 담고 있나요? 남준선배님, 유진이라는 이름이 무슨 의미가 있나요?" (Dr. Lee designed the dome over Ophelia City ? What is it holding inside ? Does the name Yujin mean anything to you, Namjoon sunbae ?) He looked around to make sure no one was listening as he gave me his answer. I assume he was telling me something he really shouldn't be saying. 

"Yujin was once an operative here a few years ago. He actually was in the Mythology Program. As for Dr. Lee, her being here has gotten S.Y.N.D.I.C.A.T.E. Enterprises investors. She did design the dome, but I can't really say why the dome was made..." He told me far more than I was expecting so I pushed more on the topic of my brother. "Why did Yujin hyung leave ? Why does the Ahjussi have a sweater in his office that is meant to be my brother' ?"

Namjoon sighed as he probably could see how desperate I was to get this information. Even if it was as little information as possible. "I am not entirely sure why Yujin left, Jangjun. All I know is he left as soon as the Mythology Program began..."  So I decided to ask one final question. One I was hoping Namjoon would be able to answer. "What exactly is the Mythology Program, sunbae ?"

Namjoon made a face meaning this was too big of a question. Something he couldn't answer by any means. "미안해요, 장주냐. 당신이 원하는 답을 줄 수가 없어요. 당신이 알아서 해결해야 할 겁니다..." (I am sorry, Jangjun ya. I can not give you the answer you seek. You'll have to figure it out on your own...)

I simply nodded as I made my way back to my room. I  got a message from the unknown number again. 

~~~~~~

Jangjun: Hyung, you need to tell me why you left Syn.D ...

Jangjun:  Answer me, hyung.

[UNKNOWN]: Jangjun, what have you been doing ? Digging for answers will endanger you...

[UKNOWN]: 답을 찾지 마세요 당신에게 무슨 일이 일어나지 않았으면 좋겠어요. (Stop looking for answers. I don't want anything to happen to you.)

Jangjun: I already could be in danger, hyung. You called me here which has caused me to be in this situation. Why did you leave the S.Y.N.D.I.C.A.T.E. ?

[UNKNOWN]: I left because of the Mythology Program, Jangjun... Everything is wrong because of that program. That is all I can say to you...

Jangjun: What about the sweater ? Why does the Founder have a sweater labeled with your name ?

[UNKNOWN]: DON'T TRUST THE FOUNDER ! THAT SWEATER REPRESENTS WHAT I WAS WHEN I FIRST JOINED THE PROGRAM... BEFORE I FOUND OUT WHAT IT WAS REALLY FOR !

[UNKNOWN]: *No Longer Can Receive Or Send Messages*

~~~~~~

I didn't have much time to think before Jin sunbae, Namjoon sunbae, & Jungkook hyung knocked on my door. "Do you need something ?", I asked as my mind still raced after I locked my phone once more. Now my limited connection to my brother has been severed. Jungkook excitedly hugged me as he dragged me out of the room with him. "We're going out. You have to come with, Jangjun ya !"

I smiled as I enjoyed their presence but I am worried now. Things are already spiraling out of my control...