Part 4, Chapter 1

"New Life"

2 Years Later In Portia' Port, 2073

I yawned as my cryogenic chamber was opened. I looked around. This place wasn't familiar. I glanced out a window when I recognized this as home. I was home ? I followed the sound of laugher as I entered what was the kitchen. 

Here is where I found my brother Yongchan, his wife Sun-Hee, my niece Mi-Sun, & our fathers. "You're awake. How do you feel ?", Yongchan asked this as I joined them. I sighed as I began to answer. "기분이 상쾌해요. 그냥 좀 혼란스러워요. 이사했나요? 왜 저는 오필리아 시에 없나요? 제가 놓친 것은 무엇인가요?" (I feel refreshed. I am just a little confused. Did we move ? Why am I not in Ophelia City ? What have I missed ?)

My questions weren't answered before I was shown to what I assume is my room. Almost upon entry the monitor on the screen cut on showing the Founder. Well, maybe I should call him by his name. Park Jin-Sang. 

"I see you're well rested, Jangjun ya. I allowed you to be home while you were under the cryogenic care of your family. I figured that was something you'd want." I nodded as I took a seat. "What about everything else ? I assume I am still an operative for S.Y.N.D.I.C.A.T.E. Enterprises..."

Jin-Sang nodded as he showed me my file as an operative. "Everything is well here. I have sent you all the files you will need before your return. We all await your return here in Ophelia City, Jangjun ya. See you soon."

The monitor cut off as I sat at my desk. The files already on my PC. I looked over the files. I am still listed as an operative at Syn.D but my official title is "Liaison to the Olympians". I was shocked to see the news that was attached to this title. The Mythology Program sunbaes were gods. Literal in the very sense.

Zeus; King of The Gods, Wind, & Skies 

Poseidon; Gods Of The Seas 

Apollo; God of the Sun, Light, Medicine, Music, Archery, & Prophecy

Athena; God of  Wisdom & Warfare 

Artemis; God Of The Hunt 

Hephaestus; God Of The Forge 

Dionysus; God Of Wine

This is when I noticed my file from before I went into the cryogenic chamber. Dr. Lee had all kinds of notes on my progress during training & how curious I was to learn everything. I called the number listed for her. "What do these notes mean, Dr. Lee ? I am looking at them now." I noticed Yongchan watching from my doorway silently. My brother must've truly missed me. 

Dr. Lee laughed on the other end, "뻔하지 않아요? 장준이 형은 다른 사람들과 같아요. 신이시네요." (Isn't it obvious ? You are like the others, Jangjun. You are a god.) I went quiet a few moments before it clicked. My new title made sense now. I wasn't powerful like the others, but I wasn't who I used to be. I was Hermes, messenger of the gods... That is my role essentially. "What about Yujin hyung? Have you seen him ?" I asked this very much concerned with what they did with my other brother. 

Dr. Lee sighed as she knew I would probably ask this. "Yujin has gone completely off the grid. No one has seen him since you were put in the cryogenic chamber. I am sorry, Jangjun ya..." Then the line went dead.

Yongchan hyung sat next to me as I took all of this information in. "Don't dwell on it, Jangjun. Yujin hyung would've come home if that is what he really wanted... What is it that you want though ? We'd love to have you stay, but you have to want to stay." I leaned my head against my brother' shoulders as I let out a deep sigh. 

"I do want to stay, hyung. Who wouldn't miss their family after being away from them ? I also want to go back..." Yongchan hyung smiled as he ruffled my hair. "No one here would stop you, Jangjun ya. We'd just also would love to be a priority of yours as well. We've truly missed having you around."

"형, 세상이 정말 신들의 귀환을 위해 준비되어 있다고 생각하십니까? 우월한 존재들이 어떤 이유로 만들어졌다는 것을 알고 살 수 있다고 생각하십니까?" (Hyung, do you think the world is truly ready for the return of gods ? Do you think people can live with the knowledge that superior beings were made for some reason ?) I asked this genuinely. Yongchan hyung sighed as he looked at the PC screen holding the photos of the sunbaes. The reborn gods... "I am not sure if the world is ever ready for anything, Jangjun ya. Neither am I sure if people can live with this knowledge. All I know is your new life is what you want to make of it..."

We sat like that for a while. My mind was finally at rest. I just enjoyed the moment. Life in the Age Of The Gods... a new life...