Chapter 58

Breo's POV

I can't help but squeal in excitement as we enter the park, the warm sun shining brightly on the decorated Mickey Mouse lawn in front ahead of us, despite the cold November weather. We arrived in California yesterday afternoon, and checked into our hotel later that evening. So much has happened in such a short time, and for once new things aren't as scary now that I have Javi with me.

We flew to California which was a little unfamiliar, I've only ever flown on a plane once- from London to San Angelo. However Javi reassured me, and it went by somewhat quickly which I'm grateful for. I had tiny and big pooh bear with me too which helped. When we got here I thought we'd be staying outside of the park, since I imagined staying here would be too expensive, especially after the flights- but Javi surprised me by booking us a room at the Disneyland hotel too.

I remember bursting into tears as soon as we walked through the door to see the most beautiful royal purple and gold themed room I've ever seen. It was absolutely magical. We even have a gorgeous picture of princess Tiana in our seating area, Javi remembered she's my favourite Disney princess.

I've never felt so happy, grateful and yet so undeserving at the same time. Javi reassured me that nothing is ever too much for me, but surely all this must be, right? My eyes well up at the thought of all the wonderful things he's done for me, I'll always be grateful to him.

We walk past what appears to be a small train station and stop outside a gift shop, watching crowds of people pass us by as we gauge our bearings.

"You wanna get Disney ears?" I ask in elation, placing my hand in his.

Eagerly looking up at him for a response I pause for a moment, noticing a vacant look in his eyes, it's something I've noticed a lot more recently. I know he's got a lot on his mind, and maybe that's why part of me feels terrible for making him feel he has to take me all the way out here instead of going back to San Antonio. He's reassured me that he's okay- and sometimes he is, but I just wish I could help him more.

He's had one more panic since the first time- while we were leaving our hotel in the Davis mountains a few days ago, and while I appreciate him being more vulnerable with me, I worry that there's something I'm missing, and maybe if I was normal I could take care of him a bit better- I don't know.

I pull my hand away from his slowly, feeling my excitement turn into an heavy pit in my stomach.

He instantly snaps out of his gaze and turns to me, "Of course I do." He says with a smile, but his eyes say something different, I'm not the best with emotions but I know he's not okay.

I suppress the frown that attempts to form on my face, I don't want him to worry about me.

"You excited to be at Disney?" He continues, smiling slightly bigger this time.

"Yes." I nod, turning towards the ground so he doesn't see my eyes well up.

I feel him look at me apprehensively. "You okay Bre? Is it too loud here?"

I shake my head, "No I'm okay."

"Then what's wrong?"

I stand still for a moment, wondering how I'm going to articulate myself in a way that won't upset him, I've never shared my thoughts like this before and I don't want to mess anything up. I just hope he won't be angry with me if things don't come out perfectly.

"Would you like to go back to the hotel? We can just rest I promise." I hurriedly blurt out in an effort to reassure him, feeling bad for possibly pressuring him to take me here. I would've been happy just going back to San Antonio with him, we didn't need to go to Disney at all.

"No, I want to be here." He tilts my head up with his index finger slowly, causing a tear I failed to blink away to roll down my cheek. His eyes widen immediately. "What's wrong Bre? Talk me through your thought process." He looks at me with genuine eyes and my nerves calm down immediately.

I take a deep breath, extending my arm to hold onto his hand again, before getting shy and deciding to just hold onto his pinkie- he smiles genuinely at the gesture.

"You don't seem okay, you seem like me after..." I trail off, not wanting to trigger memories of past events.

"I wouldn't have been able to go to Disney after that, so I understand if you'd like to go to the hotel, I'm happy to do that- I promise." I say with a smile, genuinely meaning it. I'd rather never get to meet pooh bear if it means that Javi will be okay.

He turns away from me for a second, wiping his eyes before clearing his throat.

"You know me so well, you know that?" He says quietly, "Okay you want me to be honest?"

I nod immediately.

"Yes I am worried, worried about a lot of things. Remember the things we talked about before on the way here?"

I nod again. Remembering our subsequent conversations after he opened up to me about Pedro being hurt, about his concerns after what happened in the apartment, and the issues he mentioned he's having with work. He told me he runs a company that owns a bunch of businesses in security, sales, entertainment and stuff like that- which must be hard in itself without the other issues he's shared with me. He also told me that him and Gabriel are fighting at the moment too which must make things even harder, they're best friends.

"But I want to be here with you, being here with you makes me feel better, better than going back to the hotel or leaving the park. Seeing you happy makes me happy." He continues, placing his free hand on top of mine.

His words make my heart flutter, he's so lovely.

"Really?" I ask in disbelief, no one has ever told me that before.

"Of course." He reassures me, gently wiping my slightly tear stained cheek with his thumb as he leans down to kiss my forehead.

"So if I look a little off, don't worry too much- okay princesa? Just have fun for me okay?" He squeezes my hand playfully and I giggle.

"Okay." I agree apprehensively- "But if you want to go will you tell me? Please?"

He laughs a little before responding, "Of course, mi vida, I pinkie promise."

I wrap my finger around his confidently, feeling better that things are okay now.

"Thank you." I say gratefully, no one has ever communicated to me like that before, and it's so nice to understand him better.

"So let's go get some Disney ears so we can meet pooh bear okay?"

"Okay" I agree excitedly, walking towards a gift shop with him.