Loss

Ik I been gone for a while but I'm back yallll. Thank y'all for running up those mf reads forever grateful.

Kehlani POV

The doorbell rings and I run down the steps.

My baby is homeeeeee.

Y/n's bee in in the army for as long as we graduated high school.

This year is her last year and she went studied to be a teacher. She's always loved the idea of teaching kids in the hood because they don't have a lot of good teachers. She wants to actually teach.. not give them a worksheet and ask you to find the definitions.

She wants these kids to actually go up against highly paid schools in academics. She's just amazing like that..

I run up to the door and when I open it I didn't understand.

I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces in just a couple of seconds.

These men showed to my door only for me to realize that it's the CNO.

They come to houses to inform the family of their soldiers passing.

And my baby passed.

I drop to the floor and cry all that I could cry out.

They stood at the door in their uniforms and they were also shedding tears.

Y/n was an amazing soldier. Everyone and I mean everyone respected her work ethic.

Hundreds of our memories just rushed through my mind as I actually think...

I lost my wife.

The woman that makes me feel most sane is gone. Soon to be mother of my children... gone.

I stood like this on the ground for what seemed like seconds for me... but it was actually 15 minutes for them.

I finally gather myself up and they speak to me.

While they spoke to me I couldn't help but not pay attention. All I could think about is all my happiness disappearing in just a couple of moments. I expected to see her with her jacket off, her muscles showing, and that look in her eye where she just wants to devour me.

But instead I'm only left with these two men.

——-

A while after they left I got in my car and drove off to my mother in laws house.

To find out they haven't even found her body just made me furious.

I try to keep my eyes steady on the road but I wanted to break down crying. I wanted to morn my baby.

Once I arrived I ring the doorbell and she opens the door.

"No.." y/m/n said.

She knew her daughter was supposed to be coming home today. She had a big dinner planned for her and all.

I drop into her arms as we both cry together.

I just know this woman is just has hurt as me... or maybe even more.