Whatever it takes

‿︵‿︵୨˚̣̣̣͙୧ - - ୨˚̣̣̣͙୧‿︵‿︵

I stood in Miguel's office trying to come up with a plan. I looked down at the watch that Miguel had given me. I tried searching up my dimension but it wouldn't let me travel there. Fuck.

"Lyla?" I asked.

She popped up in front of me.

"Is there any way I can change this watch for it to let me get to my dimension?" I asked desperately.

"I'm sorry but I can't help you. Miguel would literally inactive me if I told you how to do it."

"But what if I don't tell him that it was you." I said.

"The way that I know is a way that ONLY I know. Miguel would know right away. I'm really sorry. I want to help you but I can't." She said with a shrug.

"Listen. I know you don't trust me. And you don't have to. I mean I get it. With the amount of people I've killed it would be crazy if you dove in trusting me completely. But I'm asking for just a little bit of trust here."

"I mean..." she said hesitantly.

"Lyla. I'm telling you. I'm only doing this so I can help them save my dimension. I know ways around my world that nobody else does. I could be a real advantage. Miguel doesn't see that. But maybe you can." I said trying to sound as convincing as possible.

"I'm sorry. I truly am. But I really can't help you." She said.

I sighed.

"You know what? It's fine. I'll find another way. Thank you Lyla. I respect your loyalty." I said with a half smile.

I tried my best not to look as disappointed as I felt. I made my way out of the office. I started looking around for anything that would inspire a plan. Then I thought about it. The one thing I did best was to get my way. What would I do when I wanted a guy to buy me a drink at the bar? I flirted a little and told him I lost my wallet. I just had to use the bar technique.

I took a deep breath in before I walked up to a random spider person standing alone. He had a baby holder strapped to his chest but the baby was roaming around elsewhere. He looked like a very tired dad. He was wearing a robe and slippers over his spider suit and had a bit of a beer belly.

I decided that he was the perfect target. I walked up to him with my kindest smile.

"Hello. Sorry to bother you. Could I ask you for help with something?" I said innocently.

"Yeah of course. Just give me one second." He said.

He looked past me and to his kid that was a bit further away. She looked to be past one year old. She did however have long luscious red curls that stood out like crazy. They were all squeezed into a spider beanie. I smiled as I looked at her.

"Mayday don't go too far!" The man in front of me called out.

Then he turned back to me.

"I'm Peter by the way. Peter Parker. That's my daughter mayday." He said introducing himself.

I was losing precious time. I nodded with a smile.