Sober

‿︵‿︵୨˚̣̣̣͙୧ - - ୨˚̣̣̣͙୧‿︵‿︵

I woke up from feeling Miguel toss and turn next to me. I fluttered my eyes open and sat up slightly. He was groaning softly before his eyes shot up and he sat up hastly in the bed panting and breathing heavily. He was sweaty and disoriented. I put my hand on his chest and he jolted a little. I must've scared him.

"Hey hey it's okay it's just me. I'm right here. It's just me."

He looked at me and his gaze softened. He started calming down. I put my hand on his chest again.

"Breathe. I'm right here with you."

He still wasn't breathing properly.

"Hey" I said turning his face to look into my eyes.

"Breathe." I say as he was looking into my eyes.

I instructed him on how to breathe and he slowly started breathing properly again.

"It was a nightmare right?" I asked.

"Yeah." He said quietly.

"Do you get them often?"

"Every now and then." he said.

"What are they about?" I asked.

"My wife. And my daughter."

"Oh.." I said softly.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"What? No god don't apologize I didn't mean for it to sound like that. Of course you're bound to dream of them. It's okay. Trust me."

I turned and kissed his cheek.

"It's okay. I'm right here. It's not real. Trust me."

"Yeah."

He turned and looked at me. He looked so good in the moonlight. His eyes glistened. He put some of my hair behind my ear.

"Try to get some sleep okay? We have a big day ahead of us tomorrow. I'm right here and I'm not going anywhere." I said just above a whisper.

He sighed.

"I can't. I can't sleep. Not after that." He said, looking away from me.

I turned and grabbed my phone. It was 5AM. I guess it was a decent time to wake up.

"Okay. We don't have to go back to bed. Do you want to watch a movie or something?" I asked.

"A movie?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said with a shrug.

I was wearing Miguel's shirt and a pair of my own sweatpants. Wearing his shirt made me feel safer. We both got up to go to the living room but our watches started making sounds.

"Anomaly spotted in dimension 10739"

"God. It's 5 in the morning." I groaned.