Reckless dance

‿︵‿︵୨˚̣̣̣͙୧ - - ୨˚̣̣̣͙୧‿︵‿︵

Standing in front of his mirror in the bedroom dressed up felt right. The tight silky red dress hugging every curve on my body. I had fixed my hair and makeup but had to stop every ten minutes every time I felt like breaking down. Miguel kept reminding me to breathe.

That's when I saw and felt Miguel's arms slither around my waist. Something he'd never done before. But it felt so right. The thin fabric wasn't enough to keep him from feeling my curves underneath. I closed my eyes and tried to be in the moment with him. Enjoy his touch and let his scent linger around me like it had done a million times before. He spoke to me in a low voice.

"Are you sure you want to go out? You're in a weak state. Something could happen."

"I know for sure that something's gonna happen. But it doesn't matter."

He nodded. I turned around and faced him.

"You're going to be there." I said looking into his eyes.

"Yeah. I'll take care of you."

I nodded.

"Let's go."

I got out of Miguel's arms and started walking out of the room. I got out of the apartment and walked into the corridor. I looked back to see Miguel walking out after me. I kept walking in front of Miguel until we reached the big steel door that opened in two revealing the rest of the spider group. Hobie, Gwen, and two others were standing there. Two guys I hadn't met yet.

One of them had longer hair that was cast over one side. He had golden bangles on his wrists. He had a lot of energy. His eyes lit up when he saw me and he ran over to me taking my hand.

"Yo. Is this the girl you were talking about?" He said spinning me around taking a good look at me.

"Pavitr." Miguel said in a warning tone as to tell him to back off.

I turned to Pavitr again.

"Oh so you're Pavitr." I smiled.

"So nice to meet you Julie." He said cautiously looking at Miguel to make sure he wasn't going to get killed.

"Nice to meet you too." I chuckled.

Then there was another guy who looked to be in his teenage years with a small Afro cut with a fade and he had a very warm and nice smile. Gwen saw me looking at him and nudged him over to me.

"Hola! Qué tal tia? (Hey what's up auntie?)"

"Auntie? I know you're not talking to me." I chuckled.

"I'm Miles Morales." He said reaching his hand out.

I took it and gave it a small shake.

"Nice to meet you Miles I'm Julie."

"Alright. Let's get going. Tonight we're not drinking in a bar in the spider society. We're going out into Nueva York." Miguel said.

"What is that? The Walmart version of New York."

Miguel chuckled.