Tearful Confessions - Matt 💙

Prompt : Y/N has been close with the triplets since she was ten years old, especially Matt. Y/N has feelings for Matt and doesn't uncover them until a heated argument with Nick. After a while of hiding her feelings, Y/N explosively confesses her love to Matt

Cw: Swearing, arguing, anxiety, crying, angst, kissing. Little cringe

Y/N's POV:

I have known the triplets since I was ten. We have all been through a lot together. Middle school, puberty, breakups, Nick coming out, you name it, and we've been through it together.

I love all three of the boys, I connect with them all differently. Nick was the one I first met in the 5th grade, instantly becoming my best friend. Then he, of course, introduced me to his brothers, and I became friends with all of them. Especially with Matt.

Matt and I's relationship has always been a little more than friends. At least, that's what Nick says. We would cuddle, watch movies, go for rides, and would do everything together. I never really thought too much into it. I just knew I had a certain feeling when I was with him, and I loved it.

We were eighteen, and the boys were doing really well on YouTube, I was so proud of them. However, with them getting so big and having to do so much, sometimes I'd get to spend less time with them. It made me sad, but I was so excited for them.

Having so much pressure on them definitely took a toll on my relationship with them, especially Nick. One day, we got into a little argument that got blown out of proportion because we were both stressed out and frustrated with each other. Chris was downstairs in his bedroom, and Matt had left to go on a date with some girl he had been talking to for a while.

I was in Nick's room, and we got into an argument about a guy Nick was talking to. I believed that the guy wasn't good enough for Nick and that Nick should end things before it got too serious. He disagreed, and we ended up arguing.

"I don't get why you're defending him so much, Nick! He's a stupid guy get the fuck over it. A new guy is gonna come, and he's gonna be so much better for you!" I yelled at him. He rolled his eyes at me. " Maybe you should tell yourself that Y/N!" Nick yelled back.

"What's that supposed to mean?! I'm not the one hung up on a guy who's never gonna feel the same way!" I yelled back angrily. I definitely hit a nerve because I could see the hurt flash in his eyes before he yelled back at me.

"Really? You're not hung up on a guy that's never gonna feel the same way? Tell me, where is Matt right now, Y/N? He's out with another girl. Before you say you guys are just friends and that you don't have feelings for my brother, know that I can see it in your eyes. You are so in love with him, and you don't even realize it! You have been in love with him for years, and you won't even admit it to yourself! You guys know every tiny detail about each other, you hang out all the time, you even fucking cuddle. That's not what friends do Y/N, and guess what? Now it's too fucking late because he found someone else. So don't talk to me about a guy not feeling the same way about me because you're in the same position, too!" He yelled.

I stood there stunned for a couple of moments, my chest burning. I could feel my chest tightening and my breathing becoming more constricted. I stormed out of Nick's room, heading to the kitchen. I was beyond pissed off, and I was trying to calm myself down.

All I could think about is how Nick told me that I love Matt. I would know if i was in love with him. Nick doesn't know what he's talking about! I decided to take a water bottle from the fridge in the hopes it would help me feel better as my nerves calmed down.

I opened the fridge and saw oatmeal cookies in a glass container with a note written from Matt.

Y/N,