It's Not Like We're A Thing- Chris 🧡

Prompt: Y/N and Chris have a complicated relationship, eventually they both realize what they want.

Cw: Swearing, kissing/making out

Y/N's POV:

Chris and I have always been super close. It wasn't long before I developed feelings for him at all. He has always been super flirtatious towards me, but for the past six months, our relationship has shifted a bit.

It all started six months ago when I was downstairs in the kitchen getting some water at 3am. Chris and I were having a sleepover, and I was having a hard time getting back to sleep. I was leaning against the counter, sipping on my water when Chris walked in.

"Hey, I'm sorry. Did I wake you up?" I said as he approached me. He leaned against the counter that was directly across from me. "I rolled over, and I didn't feel you next to me, and I couldn't find you." He replied sleepily.

I nodded my head. " I'm sorry. I'll be done in a minute, and we can go back to sleep." I said to him. Instead of responding to me, he just stared at me for a minute. It made me nervous. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked him. He smirked at me, shaking his head slightly before pushing his body off the counter and coming toward me.

He got super close to me, so close I could feel the heat radiating off his skin as his face got closer to mine. He put his hands on my hips and said, " You look so pretty in my clothes." I had completely forgotten that I'd changed into a pair of his sweats before we went to sleep.  I felt the blood rush to my face, and I knew my cheeks were flushed.

He laughed lightly at my flustered state, bringing his hand up to cup my cheek. He leaned in even closer, our lips merely an inch apart. I glanced up to look into his eyes. "What are you doing, Chris?" I said barely above a whisper. "Something I've wanted to do for a long time." He said as he leaned all the way forward, pressing his lips to mine.

The kiss was perfect in every way. It was soft and slow at first, and then it quickly turned needy as I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer to me so I could kiss him deeper. I ran my fingers through his hair and sighed into the kiss. After a couple of moments, we pulled away for some air.

"Chris -" I started to say, but he interrupted me. "Don't overthink it Y/N it was just a kiss. We're still us. Now, let's go back to bed." He said, leading me back to his bedroom.

Since that day, nothing has been quite the same. We're still as close as before, but we're a little more than friends. We're friends that kiss each other when no one else is looking. We're friends that sneak off to make out in party bathrooms. We're friends that leave marks on each other, marks that only we know about.

We've never made anything official, and honestly, it's killing me. I'm sick of sneaking around with him and having to hide my feelings, but I'm afraid that if I tell him how much I like him, he's gonna get scared and end things.

Tonight, we're going to an influencer party with Nick, Matt, and Madi. I put on a crop top and a mini skirt with a pair of boots. I got ready with Nick and Madi in Nick's room. Once we were all ready, we went and got in the car where Matt and Chris were waiting for us. As I was walking up to get in the car, I could see Chris's eyes traveling up and down my body as he watched me.

We got in the car and headed to the party. When we got there, Chris, Matt, and Nick stopped to talk to some of their influencer friends. Madi and I headed to the dance floor. We danced for a while until Madi wanted to find Nick, so we started looking around.

My heart dropped when I spotted Chris leaning against a wall with a girl hanging all over him. He smiled at her as she put her arms around his neck. My blood boiled at the sight. Chris spotted me, and a panicked expression graced his face.

I rolled my eyes, insanely pissed off, walking to the kitchen to get some water. I stood in the kitchen, drinking my water while I tried to let my anger subside. I dont really have any reason to be pissed right now since Chris and I aren't even together. After a few minutes, Chris walked in.

"Y/N, Look I -" He started, but I cut him off. "Chris, it's fine. It's not like we're a thing, anyway." I said, brushing past him. As I was walking past him, he grabbed my hips and pulled me back towards him. "Please just listen to me." He said.

I nodded at him and waited to hear him out. "Y/N, I'm scared. I'm scared of all of this. Being with you is so easy, and it feels so right, but it's so hard for me. You know I have a hard time with commitment. I feel so much when I'm with you, and it drives me crazy. You're all I think about, and I don't wanna ruin what we have. You're all I want, Y/N. I don't want to screw around anymore, I want you to be mine." He says.

I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him. His hands travel up and down my sides as we kiss. When I pull away, he has a big grin on his face. " I assume that means you'll be my girlfriend?" He questions. I gently played with the ends of his hair on the back of his neck. "Yeah, it does." I say as I kiss him agian.

We stand there for what feels like forever, kissing and smiling like idiots. We were so engrossed in each other that we didn't even notice Matt walk into the kitchen.

"Oh my god! Y/N? Chris? You guys are a thing?!" He says as he stares at us in shock. Chris answers Matt, looking into my eyes, smiling.

"Yeah, we're a thing." He says as he leans in to kiss me agian.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors Note:

I feel like this is a little short, lol. Let me know what you guys think! Requests are open!

<3 A