Pregnant - Matt 💙

Prompt: Y/N and Matt have been married for a couple of years and have wanted kids for a while. After a stage of denial, Y/N decides to take a pregnancy test

CW: little cringe, swearing, kissing, mentions of nausea

Y/N's POV:

Matt and I have been married for two years now. We weren't necessarily trying for a baby, but we both would love it if I was pregnant. I know Matt has had a bit of baby fever for a while now. He's constantly talking about kids and wanting to be a dad. Sometimes, when we cuddle, he'll run his fingers over my stomach and tell me how much he wants me to have a baby for him. He's so cute when he talks about kids. I know he'll be such a good dad someday.

For the past week now, I've had an odd feeling. I'm not sick or anything, but I feel different. I woke up with Matt's arms wrapped around my waist, his face snuggled into my neck. I really had to go to the bathroom so as gently as possible, I de-tangled my limbs from Matt's and headed to the bathroom.

As I was washing my hands, my husband came up behind me and placed his hands on my hips as he leaned down and placed kisses on the top of my head.

"Morning, love," I said to him. He smiled in my hair. "Morning, baby." He replied. After drying my hands, I turned around and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him down for a kiss.

"Want some breakfast?" He mumbled against my lips. I nodded my head, and we went downstairs to make breakfast. Matt was cooking pancakes, and I was making scrambled eggs. As I was cooking it, the eggs smelled odd to me, and I felt really nauseous. I told Matt I couldn't stand the smell of them, and I ran to the bathroom. Thankfully, I didn't throw up, and the nauseous feeling subsided.

"Did you check the expiration date for the eggs, Matt? They smelled awful." I said as I walked back into the kitchen. "Baby, the expiration date isn't for another few weeks. Also, I don't think these smell weird. Are you feeling okay?" Matt questioned.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I guess my body is just a little off lately. " I responded. Suddenly, as if a light bulb went off, a smirk grew on Matt's face, and he walked over to me, placing his hands on my stomach. I gave him a confused look as I placed my hands on top of his.

He spoke in a soft voice as he looked into my eyes. "Y/N, when's the last time you had your period?" He asked. I quickly realized what he was implying and rolled my eyes and walked over to the counter, making a plate of food. I shook my head at him. "I'm not pregnant, Matthew." I said.

He came up from behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist, hands resting on my stomach. "I think you are, and you know what? I hope you are. I want to have babies with you. You'd be so pretty pregnant. " He said. "I'm sorry to burst your bubble, babe, but I think I'm just having an off week. It happens sometimes." I said.

His hand cupped my face, making me look up at him. "Whatever you say, my love. I still think you should take a test just in case." He said, leaning in to kiss me. I kissed him and sat down. "There's no point in wasting money on a pregnancy test when I know I'm not pregnant." I said.

"My stubborn girl, please just think about it. " He said, laughing. Later that day, we drove over to his parents' house since Mary Lou made a family dinner. I went in the kitchen as Matt sat down and talked with Chris, Nick, and Justin.

Mary Lou immediately came up and hugged me, "My Y/N! How are you, sweetheart?" She greeted me. I smiled and broke from the hug as I spoke to her. " Great! How are you?" I asked. She looked at me for a minute, and I could tell she was thinking something.

"Well, if I don't say so myself, you are just glowing! Are you and Matt expecting?" She suddenly asked excitedly. I blushed and shook my head. "Nope. I'm pretty sure I'm not pregnant." I giggled.

"I don't know, dear. Pregnancy glow is definitely real. I'd take a test if I were you." she responded. I laugh, shaking my head as I head out to talk to Nick, Chris, and Justin. I walk into the living room and greet all the boys, hugging them and exchanging hellos.

I sit next to Matt, and Trevor is sitting on his lap. " Hi Trev!" I say in my puppy voice, petting him. Trevor does something really out of character. He gets up from Matt's lap and climbs over onto me, sniffing me for a couple moments before laying his head near my stomach. Matt looks at me with a grin, and I know exactly what he's thinking.

He's not the only one who thinks it because Justin speaks up, " What the fuck Trevor never acts that way. Y/N, are you pregnant or something?" He laughs. I shake my head. " I'm so tired of everyone asking me if I'm pregnant! I'd know if I was pregnant!" I laughed. Nick and Chris laughed. " Maybe you should take a test just to be sure, Y/N. You never know." Nick said.

We all sat down shortly after that and ate the meal. I enjoyed seeing everyone and spending time with them. Later in the evening, Matt and I said goodbye to everyone. We got in the car, and Matt got ready to drive off. I put my hand over his on the stick. He looked up at me.

" Before we go home, will you stop at the store? I'm gonna grab that damn pregnancy test since you and apparently your whole family thinks I'm pregnant. " I say. A smile spreads across his face as he nods his head and drives off. We went into the store, and I grabbed two packs of tests. One pack with lines and one digital pack, just to be safe. Then we headed home.

When we were driving home, I got to thinking about things and realized my period was, in fact, four days late. I suddenly looked up at Matt. " Matt! Oh my god. I'm pregnant!" He smiled at me. " Now, why on earth would you think that, baby?" He sarcastically asked. I told him about my period, and he shook his head laughing. "You are so fucking pregnant" He said.

We finally got home, and I went upstairs in our bathroom and took the tests, facing them down on the sink and setting an alarm on my phone. Once I washed my hands, I opened the door, and Matt walked in. He grinned at me and opened his arms, motioning me to come towards him.

I walked to him, and he embraced me. He swayed us back and forth, kissing my temple every now and then. Then he pulled back and looked at me. "Y/N, I want you to know that no matter what those tests say, I love you. I love you so fucking much and whatever happens I'm gonna be here. I honestly hope it's positive because I want kids with you, so bad. If it's negative, that's okay. We can always keep trying." He said, wiggling his eyebrows at me at his suggestive comment.

I lean upward and kiss him. Suddenly, the timer goes off. Matt and I look at each other for a moment before breaking apart and walking over to the tests. He stands in front of one, and I stand in front of the other. "On three?" He says. I nod my head and we count together.

1

2

3

We flipped over the tests. I immediately feel tears pick in my eyes as I see two strong pink lines. I look over at Matt and see tears falling down onto his cheeks. He looks over at me and smiles and pulls me towards him, kissing me.

"Thank you, Y/N. This is all I've ever wanted." He says in between kisses. He bends down and kisses my stomach. "Can't believe I'm gonna be a dad." He says.

In that moment, I had everything I could've ever wanted. I had Matt and a baby on the way. Life doesn't get better than this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors Note:

This one is pretty cheesy, lol. Tell me what you guys think! Requests are open!

<3 A