Story of Us- Chris 🧡

Prompt : Y/N and Chris's most memorable moments re-visted on their wedding day

Cw: cringe, kissing/making out, swearing

Here I am sitting in the room at our wedding venu, in my wedding dress waiting for the ceremony to start so I can walk down the aisle. As I'm sitting here, on my special day, I am holding back happy tears as I look through the gift Chris dropped off for me.

I was getting ready with my bridesmaids and my mom as we heard a knock at the door. My maid of honor, Madi, had the other girls stand in front of me, blocking view of me from whoever was standing at the door. "Hey, what are you doing here? Isn't this bad luck or something?" Madi said to Chris when she saw him.

"Not if I don't see her before the ceremony. Please give this to her. It's my wedding gift to her and I want her to have it before the ceremony starts. Oh, and tell her I love her." He says as he hands her what looks like a book. She hugs him and closes the door.

"I've got a special gift from a special someone for the bride." She says, walking over to me, smiling. I smile back and take the book from her. The cover says one simple thing on it. "Us." I immediately feel the urge to cry, but I just got my makeup done and can't ruin it.

I open it and have to try even harder not to cry. He kept momentos from all our dates and special moments and put them in this book, like a scrap book. With each thing is a handwritten note about how he felt before, during, and after those memories.

My hands gently touch the first item, a straw from a diner we went to as kids with our moms.

We were about fourteen, and I knew I had the biggest crush on Chris, but I didn't want to admit it to him. He felt the same way for me, but he was also too scared to say anything. Our mom's were sneaky and told us they "didn't have enough" to buy us both a milkshake at the diner. So, they told us to share one. We did end up sharing one, and that same night, Chris confessed his feelings and asked me to be his girlfriend.

The next item was a movie ticket from our first date. I remember being so nervous about foing on that date, even though I'd known Chris my entire life. We went into the theater and sat in the back row. Both of us were so nervous, and he had set his hand on the arm of his chair. I really wanted to hold his hand, but I didn't know how to approach it. I slowly placed my hand down next to his, hesitantly. He later caught on and grabbed my hand, holding it for the rest of the movie. I never wanted him to let go after that.

The next item was a picture from our homecoming we attended together. This was the night of our first kiss, my first ever kiss. I had mentioned a few days before that I'd never kissed anybody before. "Y/N, I promise I'm gonna change that," He said to me. He kept that promise after dropping me back home after our homecoming dance. He walked me to my door, and just before I went inside, he pulled me close to him, hands resting on my waist. He looked into my eyes, blushing. I could tell he was nervous. "Y/N, I want to kiss you so bad. I have for a while now, actually, but I want to do it right for you. I want it to be everything you've ever dreamed it would be. Just give me time, and I'll - " He started, but I cut him off. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulled him in, and kissed him. It was a needy, sloppy kiss,especially since I didn't know what I was doing, but it was perfect to me because it was with him. 

Flipping to the next page, I realized all the items stopped, but there was a letter I'd never seen before. I flipped through more pages and realized he had written me over a dozen handwritten letters over the course of our seven year relationship. I fought tears so hard.

" Y/N, it's time." My mother said. We walked out, and I got in place, ready to walk down the aisle. I heard our song play as I began to wall my heart skipping a beat as I looked at Chris, waiting for me. I smiled at him, and he smiled back, tears rolling down his cheeks. When I finally got to him, my hands immediately started to wipe his tears away. "Oh love, please don't cry because then I'll cry too." I said. He held my wrists and smiled. " You look gorgeous, baby. I'm just so happy, I've dreamed of this for so long. " He replied.

We went through the rest of the ceremony, shedding tears at each other's vows. "I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride," the priest said. Chris grinned at me and pulled me into a passionate kiss. Everyone cheered and watched us get into the car to take us to our reception. Getting in the car, I placed my bouquet on the seat opposite Chris and I. He kissed me as he shut the door behind him.

"You're finally my wife." He mumbled against my lips. I smiled into the kiss, wrapping my arms around his neck, deepening the kiss. He whined against my lips. "You're driving me crazy, love. Wanna kiss you forever, but we have our reception." He said. "Mmm. I think we should sit in here and read the book you made me and make out a lot instead of going to the reception." I said, grinning at him.

He blushed lightly and leaned his forehead on mine. "I'm so in love with you. I made that book to show you, you know I'm not good with words." He said. "I don't know about that. Your letters had me tearing up." I said, laughing. " You liked those, baby?" He asked, smiling. "I loved them." I replied. "Well, i hope you know that book is far from finished. I'm gonna keep adding to it as we go through life. Letters, things, all of it. Actually, I have what I'm gonna save from the wedding right here." He said.

He leaned over and pulled a yellow rose from my bouquet and pulled out the paper with his vows written on it. He smiled at me and kissed me agian.

They say your wedding day is the most magical day of your life, and they're right. Through all the stressful planning and coordinating, I forgot the most important thing about today, when Chris remembered.  Our story and our promised future were most important. Now, I have a safe keep to have for the rest of my life with all our special things.

Now, I have the story of us and I can't wait to continue writing it with Chris.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors note:

This one's pretty short and cheesy. Tell me what you guys think! Requests are open!

<3  A