Laughter the Best Medicine

The old Orchard Road is delightful to look upon using true eyes as can be. Looking down it head on driving a buggy of our own, delightful at a glance. Peaceful to behold, reminds us of a pretty hue of sorts, a light yellow, the back of a black Amish buggy.
Home to many orchards, Apples, Pears, Cherries, Peaches, and known for excellence.
Tours, Amish, Mennonite, and English come to your, also a light lunch can be bought for a low cost. Sit down in an Old Oeder Amish home, and you served. Reservations are required to be able to eat.
Also for a small fee, paper sack lunches are available, then sit in the Orchard Garden to set down at picnic tables to eat. Two very nice choice in which to choose from when eating. Free bottled cold water, is found in large wood barrels full of ice. And free Apples to all interested in them.
Today as the three schwesters road into town front seat of an old beige pickup truck. All three buckled in upfront. They are beautiful ladies. Traffic started to get busy early morning, so they decided to eat sack lunches.
Angie driving for Mennonite can study to get a driving license. She drove ten miles an hour for safety reasons the town streets were populated.
" Park over in front of the women's clothing by Mennonite hand-made," Katherine said. Marie looked on with anticipation of a fun day true to the word knowing it really would be. Slowing completely to a full stop, plugged the meter for a day of fun.
They all got out dressed adorably in long dresses today Mennonite style. And White round lace Bobbi pinned to their hair. A light amount of makeup, by the name of "Free to be Me "makeup. Marie even sells it to the others in town. Popular among the Mennonites.
" First stop, clothes, we can put the purchase in the truck topper. Food last, plants, and watermelon. Our family has their own gardens yet we want to buy fresh still for a business for them.
" Good mid-morning," A Mennonite lady said in greeting Maters Age. "Today special, twenty-five percent off all dresses in stock. Let me know I will start a dressing room for you."
Round racks, against the wall, suddenly, they all had dressing rooms full of clothing items, talk about excitement, it would be the Zook schwesters said.
    Hollering back and forth over the dressing room stalls. Telling one another what they liked about each dress they'd tried on. Well it were all decided to give new dresses for each Zook Schwester. All are pilled on the counter to pack and pay for but first scarfs, and bonnets. Shoes to, swimwear. Such an awesome day.
All the goodies collection of clothes slipped into the back of the truck topper. Onward they went next stop, the glass shop, oh such lovely things. Stepped inside to find a tea set they a went in on to buy. Such a delightful set to beholden to. Tiny blue flowers throughout the pattern, matching cloth napkins. They put it in the cart following the tea set.
" Look a fine-looking candelabra, made to look old," Katherine observed," Let's buy this for our tea party time as a centerpiece. Marie picked a suitable tablecloth, it had a similar pattern of flowers in dark pink almost a rose color.
They bought oolong tea, honey tea, and mint, black tea. Another teapot for the stove.
Soon after checked out at the cash register. The Amish lady at the register checked us out wrapping each piece at the register. The ladies left holding a bag with handles. Again putting it in the back hatch.
      The invitation arrived in the mail, oh a day or so later left on the kitchen table, addressed to everyone. Marie brought in from the mailbox, stamped with an Amish buggy. Delightful to look upon with sheer joy. Who could it be from none other than Shem, her friend?
I will wait till the schwesters get up from bed to open it. Around nine they were up and at um. We ate a gut breakfast consisting of scrambled eggs, baked pancakes casserole so good to eat, and kaffi.
That's when the card was opened, Dear Marie, I want to invite you and Angie and Katherine to a potluck. Bring your favorite covered dish or two. And a good sense of humor, we will be ice cream tasting. Comfortable clothes for volleyball . See you all Saturdaag three in the afternoon. RSVP.
" What should we bring? Marie said , they all sat around in robes visiting and passing the family cookbook around. " How bought strawberries desert a Strawberry shortcake in a sheet cake? Angie said holding the cook book to look at. " Oh yumbly gut , I remembered GrossMama serving it at family reunions." " And this one lunch room brownies ," Angie's suggestion? " Yes , both of those recipes would do it , plus one more, " Marie said looking for more as Angie handed the family cookbook over to her.
" I think blueberries buckle dessert ," Marie decided from the cookbook. Oh yummy gut to eat let's make them." On and on they talked all morning long. Then dressed to bake desserts for the party.
    The party tomorrow promptly. At six in the evening, a chartered bus picking us up and would come for desserts in mid morning to take to the farm.
Today nothing except dessert baking. They sure were having a fun time. Laughed about old times growing up on the farm. Mixing going into progress  , shaping into pans of desserts. Lots of baked goods to give Tomorrow morning's pick up for the party what a shindig.
    Let the excitement begin. Later in the evening a stay home day, all the work done till next week from working at the auction market.
Life is gut and worthwhile, honest, Mennonite, and loving it.
     Supper, bath time , then we sat round in our night gowns . Talking instinctively about our lives, critiquing one another to instill a sense of trustworthiness.
" Laughter is the best medicine,"Marie said so to speak while talking to her Schwesters. They agreed, times to cherish the gut things right? Angie said. " I'm positive of it ," Katherine agreed.
" To be certain of it all , something about happiness puts us in an all together different perspective, gut medicine for the soul. It lifts your adrenaline, giving us hope for all our days ," Katherine chimed in.
" You know it really does , I'm glad , because for right now it has been the ultimate moving back home , and being motivated by happiness working at the Antique, Estate Market I cherish best."
" To admit it hopefully we will all be married in the next few years," Angie said happily. To be happy with an Amish-man madly in love with."
" I hope an pray to find him someday, I mean the right one ," Marie said. " Sweet Marie ," Katherine and Angie said. " Whom ever gets you will be very lucky," Angie told her candidly.
   Outside the window, a man in all black stood outside the window looking up at their living room window. A bigger figure dressed in all black , who could it be? Odd I'd say peculiar, on a calm beginning of summer . He then walked away , our dogs in the barn for the night would of chased him off.
     The living room went out and suddenly, parking lights left down the hill of our farmstead. Crocus in the ditch crooked. A sound which put you to sleep a lull in the night so to speak. The night moved along , swept away by sleeps slumber, taking us along life's gallows of life tempest of night.
    Tomorrow once again as the travel of time has brought us together once more. Today an adventure into the future of life leads us along. Living a history of myself brings glory.
    There's a knock at the door " Here to collect desert for Shem party please." A delightful voice hollered in the screen door of the kitchen.
Marie had them ready handing them over to a group of teen girls . From our church.