Valentine Day

A snowy day outside, we all ventured to go ice skating. Coupled up, skating across the ice. Bundled up in winter coats, hats, and mittens.
   Inside a big white barn on Ebersole's farm, becomes the warming house. Inside lots of wooden benches to put your ice skates on. And you have an option of bringing your own or renting them there. A concession stand and round tables and chairs.
    Fresh popcorn going, hot dogs, hamburgers, fries, cola. Pizza buys the slice, candy, and napkins. Just plain fun. The big stone fireplace, going full strong , throwing off heat. Warm , inviting and free frosted sugar cookies, along with free cocoa and kaffi.
Katherine and Charles, Angie and Trevor, Marie with Harley, all out ice skating. Holding hands , skating in a line where the girls held hands only. Gliding across the ice , having the times of our lives .
     Then singers sang inside over the loud Speakers in Pennsylvania Dutch, it sounded heavenly to say the least. Hugging all the way , skating together, holding hands . Being it's Valentine's Day , they decided on special gifts.
    Each Girlfriend, excepting it in a lovely piece of chocolate made especially for the occasion a ring embedded inside. What a special treat to be able to receive one to call your very own.
     The Belier Braudaars had invited their Girls to set in the far corner away from the crowd.
Each handing their special girl a chocolate egg in a candy box. Opening them to find pretty rings. " They gasped Lordy Be."
    A Wedding planned for them all in early fall of this year. How fun this year will be looking forward to their Wedding all together. Special plans to be made , wedding dresses made, cakes ordered.
As for the time being , we shall serve the lord , worship him as glory fills us on knowing
Love is in the air . Charles, Trevor and Harvey were asked, invited to join the ice skating race at the end of the month. They agreed , the prize one thousand dollars.
         They would start training for it as soon as possible , Everyone excited about it . Sharpened ice skates , and learn the course the race would be. Excitement filled the air, what comes next ? Who will be the winner?
      Soon after signs up all around town telling of this big event. Ice Skating Race end of February. Winner one Thousand dollars in prize money cash along with a trophy. You can bet on an excited bunch. All the town talking about it.
      On the farm they farmed on they tried out the skates on the pond , they lit it up and raced to and fro. Till late at night , over heated , and sweating , red faced. They walked home not far about five minutes. And inside eating something, for they'd eaten a big supper before going to skate on the pond.
      They had their old Amish Aunt , work as a cook. She had chicken pot pies for each of them, piping hot, steaming, a nice big cinnamon roll with melted butter, hot cocoa, and a bowl of chicken noodle soup, one glass of milk. A slab of German chocolate pie.
   Boy did they dig in , three big men, hungry as ever after ice skating. She cleaned up and went up to her room . Later after sitting around the fireplace in their recliners. Looked at the beautiful Valentines cards made by their fiancés. Big pink and red hearts , besides that home made chocolates in white chocolate, chewy chocolate centers.
They petted their lap cats , kitty, Fiona and Juju, as they purred ever so delightfully. Outside a wind blew up and snow dogs in the air. Very pretty and forthright,
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path .Psalm 119:105
Oil lamplight going inside the hrrr of the purple flame going, flickering because of a dreadful wind outside.
Thoughts of love filled the air tonight dreaming of fiancés to delight the mind fulfillment of a soul just been engaged. A night went on soon to be raging winds, now what was the skating race? Snow blowing in drifts, what if the ice is so covered we can't have the race it's canceled?
Sure enough, around midnight snow fell from the roof of the farmhouse. A boom, then a soft swoosh of it flying all over evening out the white snowy fluff.
Angela, Katherine, and Marie, are at home today during a wild and windy snow out. To think at the end of the month the ice skating race. " I hope this stops," Katherine said looking at her schwester one knitting mittens in dark rich colored yarn, Marie, embroidered pillowcases, Katherine herself, cutting out a dress pattern on the kitchen table, a denim material. It will have large side pockets a round collar, slip over the head, pretty when she's all done.
    " I talked with Charles and he said they practiced a lot for this race. Except not nearly enough as needed to win the race. The prize money is a honeymoon for all three Couples. Wouldn't it be nice to honeymoon together ", She said.
     Angela: " I agree to that much fun wherever we end up going. Trevor has been looking around at places of Amish interest. And I believe if our gut Lord decided it will be okay whatever comes out of winning the ice skating race.
Marie: " Yes surely, in our days to come forth with lots of prayers must turn out gut it just has to. I mean if thinking positively has much to do with it, should help then by all means. "
Marie set her embroidery down on the chair and walked over to the window, pushing a curtain back. A bright morning light from snow
Filtered inside, I shivered at the sight of of it all. A chill came through the window. My backside was warmed by the hot fireplace from wood burning brightly.
She stepped back from it, letting the heavy curtain fall back into place. Leaving it darker in the room except for the picture window curtains opened letting in light. "It is a whiteout looking upon the situation at hand. I fear the race may never happen, how sad it makes me feel inside."
" Do come in scheester," Katherine told her in sincerity, " We must look for the gut in everything, perhaps knowing inside it must turn out fine no matter what happens, because we are getting married next fall to our sweethearts. Let's then practice happiness anyway."
Angie: " Sounds gut to Me Happiness, not only for what we have, for what we have together. Then everything shall fall into place as it should. Because sorry to say it may not do any gut to place negative before positive. "