Chapter 11

- Wyatt Housley -

I feel almost disappointed in myself. We definitely had a good laugh, but I wish I had told her. Because now we're sitting here all alone in the car, just listening to music. I want to get this weight off me, but I'm way too nervous. She doesn't care for any relationships right now.

I'd rather not try my hand and get rejected. She's scary.

I look at her. Her red locs are all down in her face. Her glossy lips and her pretty eyes.

Damn.

I really want to kiss her right now. She looks so pretty.

"Who do you like?" She asked.

Damn. I'm so tempted to go for it.

"That's confidential information," I said. "You aren't allowed to know until me and that person make it official," I say, referring to her.

"Damn, I thought we were friends," She said in a fake sad voice.

"Don't worry, we are," I said.

"I'm not so sure that we are," She said.

I really wish we weren't. I wish your lips were on mine.

What's up with me? I think the Hormone monster is coming to get me.

"Oh, please," I said to her.

"Don't 'oh please' me," she said.

"Alright, you wanna go get some food?" I asked her.

"What do you wanna get?" She asked.

I smiled. "We can go get groceries if you want, and we can make something together, I guess. If you're down, of course?"

She nodded. "It's most likely going to be you cooking because I cannot cook."

"Alright, fine by me," I said with a little shrug.

"What time are you taking me home?" She asked.

I shrugged again. "I don't know, you tell me?"

"I don't know," she mumbled.

"Well, my mom is still in Baltimore, and my dad is out for work right now, so it doesn't really matter, just as long as it's not anything crazy," she finished.

We got into the grocery store, and I was planning on getting a handheld cart when Jesse got a big shopping cart and gestured for me to push it. As my hands got on the little bar in the front, she climbed in and made herself comfortable.

"I kinda need that space, miss ma'am," I said.

"Nu-uh," She shook her head.

"Alright then," I told her.

It was already pretty late at night. It was 9:00, and I found myself running through aisles, pushing around a girl who was nearly grown. She was laughing her head off as we turned the corner.

I kept pushing her around until we got to the aisle with the pasta. I grabbed some fettuccine and things to make a Cajun Alfredo sauce. I couldn't buy the vodka for the sauce, but I'm sure my mom had some in the pantry. She taught me how to make it, after all.

I love my mom.

I found some little cherry tomatoes and bell peppers. I found some Italian-style green beans and the chicken to go with the meal.

Then I let Jesse choose the drinks.

As she picked up two bottles of Fresca, I couldn't help but think of it as a date. It basically was. It was us one-on-one, hanging out together. Only couples did this sort of thing.