Chapter 17

Wyatt Housley -

Our next date went smoothly. It was a little movie date. We watched Ballad of the Songbirds and Snakes. Jesse had been meaning to see it, but I just took her out to go see it. I was way too busy thinking about what I would have done had that theatre been empty.

Or maybe what I would've done in front of every single person there. I was sitting there, uncomfortable, and trying to cover up with my jacket. She did not need to see this.

But she just had to be cold. Of course, I'd offered my jacket. I was honestly starting to get on edge, but I wouldn't do anything like that to her.

She's my girl. I couldn't do something like that. The best thing to do would be to ask, but that's kinda awkward to ask about. I would never go up to her and be like," Hey babe wanna fuck?"

I just cringed thinking about it. I was not that kinda guy. I could very well wait. I wasn't going to get impatient. I could do that one thing for her.

She thanked me for the movie and we spent the rest of that Saturday together. We went to the park for a while too.

"I gotcha, little man," She said pushing a random little kid on the swing. He was a little chubby and had wavy brown hair. He almost reminded me of myself as a kid. He was laughing and shouting, "Higher!"

She pushed him a little higher and then stopped pushing. I couldn't believe it. He had come up to her and said, "Ma'am, can you push me."

She'd looked at me confused. She raised an eyebrow and then she picked him up and set him in the large netted swing.

She looked so pretty helping out. Nearly every single lewd thought I'd had left. Not all, but most. How could I think about those things, when she's doing something so innocent?

It was so cute. I stood there smiling. When the kid got off and ran away, she made sure he got to his parents. The little boy thanked her. His parents came over too.

"Thank you, Ma'am, he is in his running phase so it's kinda hard to keep up with him. Thank you for pushing him on the swing and bringing him back," his mom smiled.

"No problem, I just wanted to make sure he was happy and safe," Jesse said.

"Thank you again," She said. "You two make a cute couple too," She said looking down at out hands.

When she got over to the parents our hands had somehow woven together. When we first made it official she'd jerk back at the slightest touch, but now she was taking initiative.

Jesse smiled down at our hands. I started blushing, so hard. "Thank you," She said.

"Of course, young love is a beautiful thing," She said. It reminded me of what the lady at the donut shop told me.

As we left the boy whose name was Marshall, we sat down together near the swings. We were sitting there together. Her head was in my lap and we were both scrolling on our phones. She sat up.

"I want to ride it," She said.

"Who, me?" I joked. Well, it was halfway a joke.

"I'll think bout it," She said playfully. I don't think she realized I'm only halfway joking.

"No, I mean the swing, though," She said.

As I pushed her she was chanting, "faster." The thoughts were spiraling. I was not going to dinner with my mom and her parents feeling like this. I wouldn't even dare. I may have some things going through my head but at least I'm respectful.

After leaving the park, we went out to get food. She's let me choose. I didn't really care to be honest. Food is food, but we ended up in the mall and ordering food from a little family-owned shop. They had traditional Mexican street food. I loved Mexican food, Ecuadorian food, and pretty much any dish from a Spanish-speaking country.