2. Wispers in the dark

Damon has a nightmare and Elijah consoles him

Damon Salvatore jolted awake, his heart pounding in his chest, his body drenched in cold sweat. The remnants of his nightmare clung to him like a suffocating shroud, and he found himself gasping for air in the darkness of his room. Beside him, Elijah Mikaelson stirred, immediately sensing Damon's distress.

"Damon," Elijah's voice was soft, yet commanding, cutting through the remnants of the nightmare that still gripped Damon's mind. "It's just a dream. You're safe now."

Damon clung to Elijah's words, his trembling fingers finding Elijah's hand in the darkness. He drew in a shaky breath, trying to ground himself in the reality of the moment. "It felt so real," Damon admitted, his voice barely a whisper. "I... I couldn't protect her."

Elijah pulled Damon closer, wrapping him in a comforting embrace. "It was just a nightmare, my love," he said, his words a soothing balm against Damon's shattered nerves. "Elena is safe, and you are here with me."

But the darkness of the nightmare still clung to Damon's mind, whispering doubts and fears that he couldn't easily dispel. He buried his face in the crook of Elijah's neck, seeking solace in the familiar scent of his lover.

"I can't shake this feeling of dread," Damon confessed, his voice raw with emotion. "What if I lose her again? What if I can't protect the people I love?"

Elijah's fingers gently threaded through Damon's hair, his touch tender and reassuring. "You are strong, Damon," he said, his voice unwavering. "But even the strongest among us have moments of vulnerability. It doesn't diminish your strength; it merely makes you human."

Damon looked up at Elijah, his eyes searching for reassurance. In the depths of Elijah's gaze, he found understanding and acceptance, a love that transcended the boundaries of time and nightmares. Slowly, the grip of fear began to loosen its hold on Damon's heart.

"I'm here for you, Damon," Elijah said, his voice a promise. "No matter the nightmares that haunt your sleep, I will always be here to chase them away."

With Elijah's words, the darkness that had settled in Damon's soul began to recede. He leaned in, capturing Elijah's lips in a tender kiss, a silent yet powerful affirmation of the love they shared.

In the safety of Elijah's arms, Damon found the strength to confront his fears, to banish the shadows of his nightmare. And as the night faded into the soft light of dawn, they clung to each other, their love a beacon of hope that dispelled the lingering echoes of the night's terrors.

三月