43. Teach me without drowning me

Damon learns that Elijah doesn't know how to swim and decides to teach him

On a sunny afternoon in Mystic Falls, Damon Salvatore discovered an interesting tidbit about his boyfriend, Elijah Mikaelson – Elijah didn't know how to swim. Determined to rectify this, Damon hatched a plan to teach the dignified Original the art of swimming.

As they strolled towards the pool, Damon wore a mischievous grin. "Elijah, did you know that swimming is an essential life skill?"

Elijah raised an eyebrow, a hint of skepticism in his expression. "I'm well-versed in many skills, Damon. Swimming, however, has eluded me."

Damon's eyes sparkled with mischief. "Well, today is the day we change that. Prepare yourself, Mr. Mikaelson, for a crash course in swimming!"

As they reached the edge of the pool, Damon grabbed Elijah's arm with feigned excitement. "Alright, Elijah, first things first. You need to get comfortable with the water."

Elijah nodded, his demeanor composed. "Of course, Damon. I'm prepared for anything."

But before Elijah could react, Damon playfully pushed him into the pool. The splash echoed through the air as Elijah emerged from the water, his expression a mix of surprise and mild indignation.

"Damon, what was the purpose of that?" Elijah asked, water dripping from his impeccable suit.

Damon chuckled, wading into the pool. "Relax, Elijah. It's all part of the learning experience. Now, let's start with the basics."

Elijah, though internally panicking, composed himself. Damon guided him through the fundamentals of swimming – floating, kicking, and basic strokes. Damon's patient demeanor helped ease Elijah's initial discomfort.

As Elijah gained confidence, Damon encouraged him. "That's it, Elijah! You're a natural. Soon, you'll be swimming laps like a pro."

Eventually, Elijah found himself swimming independently, the initial apprehension replaced by a sense of accomplishment. As they reached the poolside, Damon grinned at Elijah.

"See, that wasn't so bad, was it?" Damon said, his tone triumphant.

Elijah, though slightly drenched and perhaps a bit annoyed, couldn't deny the exhilarating feeling of conquering a new skill. "I suppose I owe you my gratitude, Damon. You were an effective instructor."

Damon chuckled. "Anytime, Elijah. Now, who knows what other hidden talents you're harboring? Oh by the way, you look hot with your hair sticking to your face like that."