50. Will you marry me?

Something short and sweet to end this Oneshots book. 

Its Elijah's birthday, and Damon has hatched a plan.

The Mikaelson mansion was buzzing with lively chatter as the family and friends gathered to celebrate Elijah's birthday. Damon Salvatore had meticulously planned the perfect moment to pop the question to his boyfriend of a year and a half. The atmosphere was charged with excitement and anticipation as the night unfolded.

Amidst laughter and joy, Damon found the opportune moment to address the crowd. "Ladies and gentlemen, if I may have your attention," he announced, his eyes focused on Elijah. "Today is not just any ordinary day. It's a day to celebrate the extraordinary man that is Elijah Mikaelson."

Elijah, surprised by the attention, couldn't help but smile. Damon continued, "Elijah, from the moment we met, my world has been brighter. Your love has brought light to the darkest corners of my existence, and I can't imagine my life without you."

As he spoke, Damon dropped to one knee, unveiling a small navy blue velvet box. The room fell silent, and all eyes were on the unfolding scene. "Elijah Mikaelson, will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?"

Elijah's eyes glistened with unshed tears, and a gasp rippled through the crowd. "Damon, I... I don't know what to say."

Damon grinned, his heart pounding. "Say yes, Elijah. Say yes to forever."

With a shaky breath, Elijah nodded. "Yes, Damon. A thousand times, yes."

Damon gently slid the black and gold-trimmed ring onto Elijah's finger, the symbol of their commitment shimmering in the candlelight. The room erupted into applause, and the couple sealed their engagement with a passionate kiss.

As they broke away, Damon whispered to Elijah, "You've made me the happiest man alive."

Elijah, still overwhelmed, replied, "And you've made me feel more loved than I ever thought possible."