26. Wiskers and Whispers

Damon can't put a finger on it, but there's somethign different about Elijah. 

It started as a typical evening in the Salvatore Boarding House. Damon Salvatore, always observant, couldn't shake off the feeling that something was different about Elijah Mikaelson. The air seemed charged with an unspoken mystery, and Damon was determined to uncover it.

Throughout the night, Damon's attempts to engage Elijah in conversation were met with cryptic responses and enigmatic smiles. It was as if Elijah was hiding a secret, and Damon's curiosity only intensified.

After an elaborate dinner, where Damon attempted to play detective with every bite, they finally retired to their bedroom. Damon lay there, contemplating the peculiar events of the evening.

"Eli, spill the beans," Damon demanded, his eyes narrowing playfully. "I know something's up. Did you switch to a new brand of hair gel? Or maybe you've been practicing your stand-up routine in front of the mirror?"

Elijah chuckled, the sound deep and melodic. "I assure you, Damon, my hair gel is the same, and I do not require a mirror to be humorous."

Damon's eyes sparkled with mischief. "Alright, spill the secret, and maybe I'll stop with the terrible puns."

Elijah's lips curved into a smile, his eyes dancing with amusement. "Very well, my love," he said, leaning closer. "I've decided to embrace my feline side."

Damon blinked, his confusion evident. "Feline side? Are you telling me you've become a cat person overnight? Because that's a deal-breaker."

Elijah chuckled again, shaking his head. "No. Damon, I mean quite literally." With that, he revealed his face, now cleanly shaved, devoid of the usual elegant stubble.

Damon's eyes widened in mock horror. "You've shaved! Eli, do you know what this means? Our combined facial hair power is gone! We're defenceless against evil facial hair plots now!"

Elijah couldn't help but laugh at Damon's exaggerated distress. "I assure you, Damon, my facial hair does not possess magical powers."

Damon pouted, feigning devastation. "You underestimate the power of the Salvatore-Mikaelson beard alliance. We could have ruled the world!"

Elijah's laughter filled the room, a beautiful melody that warmed Damon's heart. He reached out, his fingers tracing the smooth skin where the stubble used to be. "I must admit, Eli, you look... oddly younger. Are you sure you're not a vampire Benjamin Button?"

Elijah chuckled, his eyes softening with affection. "Rest assured, Damon, I am still the same ageless vampire you fell in love with."

Damon grinned, pulling Elijah into a playful hug. "Well, as long as you're still you, whiskers or no whiskers."

Elijah smiled and leaned into Damon's playful embrace, "Oh and by the way, I was always a cat person."

And in that light-hearted moment, their love story continued, marked by the comedic twists and turns that made their relationship extraordinary. The mystery of Elijah's missing stubble was solved, but the laughter and love they shared remained, binding them together in the most extraordinary ways.