38. Love you More, Love you less

Elijah says sweet things to Damon

Under the twilight sky, with the stars starting to twinkle above Mystic Falls, Damon and Elijah found themselves standing by the old Wickery Bridge. The calm waters of the river reflected the moon's gentle glow, creating a serene ambiance around them. It was a moment of rare tranquility, a respite from the chaos that often surrounded their lives.

Elijah turned to Damon, his eyes filled with a mixture of sincerity and vulnerability. "Damon," he began, his voice steady yet soft, "there's something I need to tell you."

Damon, always ready with a quip or a smirk, sensed the gravity of the moment. He nodded, encouraging Elijah to continue.

"I love you more than I did yesterday," Elijah confessed, his gaze unwavering as he held Damon's eyes, "and less than I will tomorrow."

Damon's usually confident facade faltered for a moment. He searched Elijah's eyes, seeing the depth of emotion and honesty within them. Those words, simple yet profound, struck a chord deep within Damon's heart.

With a tender smile, Damon reached out and gently cupped Elijah's face, his touch surprisingly gentle. "Elijah," he murmured, his voice laced with a mixture of awe and affection, "that might be the most poetic way anyone has ever told me they love me."

Elijah's lips curved into a soft smile, his eyes reflecting the moonlight as he leaned into Damon's touch. "Poetry has its place, especially when it comes to matters of the heart," he replied, his tone gentle yet resolute.

Damon held Elijah's gaze, his blue eyes searching for any doubt, but all he found was unwavering devotion. There was a silent understanding between them, a recognition of the depth of their feelings that didn't need elaborate words to express.

"I never thought someone like you could ever love someone like me," Damon admitted, his voice carrying a vulnerability he rarely showed. "But I'm done questioning it. I love you too, Elijah. More than I ever thought I could love anyone."

Elijah's lips curved into a soft, affectionate smile. He gently took Damon's hand in his own, their fingers intertwining. "Love knows no boundaries, Damon. It chooses us, regardless of our past or our flaws."

They stood there, in the embrace of the night, feeling the weight of their words and the unspoken promises they held. The world seemed to fade away around them, leaving only the two of them in their intimate bubble of affection.

The next day, as the sun bathed Mystic Falls in a golden glow, Damon and Elijah faced the world together. Their love became a beacon of strength, empowering them to overcome challenges and face adversaries with newfound determination. They navigated the complexities of their lives, hand in hand, finding solace and joy in each other's arms.

Elijah's poetic declaration echoed in Damon's mind, becoming a mantra that reminded them of the depth of their love. Each day, their connection grew, and they embraced the future with hope, knowing that their love was a constant, unwavering force that would guide them through whatever challenges lay ahead.