41. High School dance

Highschool AU

There's a dance competition and Damon is a bad dancer. Its up to Elijah to help Damon and himself win!

The hallways of Mystic Falls High School buzzed with anticipation as news of the upcoming dance competition spread like wildfire. The talk of the town? The unlikely duo of Damon Salvatore and Elijah Mikaelson, a pair that had managed to keep their relationship a secret, despite the ever-watchful eyes of high school gossip.

Elijah, with his composed demeanor, was aware of Damon's lack of dancing skills, a detail Damon himself was blissfully ignorant of. The challenge, however, presented itself when the idea of participating in the dance competition arose. With everyone expecting them to dazzle on the dance floor, Elijah knew it was time to reveal Damon's dancing deficiency.

One afternoon, in the quiet confines of Elijah's living room, the revelation occurred. As they played a slow melody, Damon attempted a dance move, sending Elijah into a fit of laughter. It was then that Damon confessed, "Okay, I might not be the Fred Astaire you think I am."

Elijah, instead of mocking him, saw an opportunity to turn this into an amusing venture. "How about a little incentive? For every correct dance move, you get a glass of bourbon."

Damon's eyes lit up. "You've got yourself a deal, Mr. Mikaelson."

And so, the dance lessons began, each misstep met with laughter and a sip of bourbon. The room echoed with music, laughter, and the clinking of glasses as Damon navigated the intricate world of dance.

Days turned into weeks, and Elijah couldn't help but admire Damon's persistence. "You're improving, Damon. Perhaps the bourbon is proving to be a good motivator."

Damon chuckled. "Who knew liquor would be my dance teacher?"

As the performance day drew near, Damon's dancing evolved from awkward to surprisingly graceful, thanks to the unconventional lessons. The evening arrived, and the high school gym transformed into a spectacle of twinkling lights and excited chatter.

Damon and Elijah took the stage, the spotlight on them as they swayed to the music. The audience was captivated, the cheers growing louder with every spin and dip. As they approached the final sequence, Damon executed a perfect twirl, earning cheers from the crowd.

The music concluded, and Damon and Elijah found themselves at the center of applause. Elijah, beaming with pride, pulled Damon aside. "You did it, Damon. We did it."

Damon, still catching his breath, grinned. "I guess bourbon really is the key to everything."

In the midst of celebration, Elijah leaned in, pressing a sweet kiss to Damon's lips. The gym erupted in cheers, marking the victory of not just a dance competition but the triumph of an unexpected love story.