12. Eternal Connection

Soulmate AU. In which when someone sees thair soulmate they feel connected and feel whole. Before then, they feel like a part of them is missing. 

Damon stakes Elijah and when they look at each properly, they see that they're each other soulmates.

 In the quaint town of Mystic Falls, where supernatural bonds often decided fates, there lived a man named Damon Salvatore. Damon was known for his charm, his wit, but most of all, for being the only one among his friends without a soulmate. While everyone around him had found their other halves, Damon continued his immortal existence, devoid of the connection that seemed to elude him.

One fateful night, a series of unfortunate events led to an accident that Damon never saw coming. In the midst of a chaotic battle, Damon, his senses overwhelmed, accidentally staked Elijah Mikaelson, the very person he had admired and respected for centuries.

The moment the wooden stake pierced Elijah's heart, a shockwave of realization rippled through Damon. His eyes widened in horror, a mix of regret and disbelief clouding his features. "No," he breathed, his voice barely audible, his hands trembling as he reached out to the fallen vampire.

Elijah, in pain but surprisingly calm, looked up at Damon, his eyes locking onto Damon's with an intensity that struck deep within him. "It's... it's alright," Elijah managed to say, his voice strained yet oddly soothing. "Accidents happen."

But as Damon looked into Elijah's eyes, a peculiar sensation washed over him. It was as if the universe had finally clicked into place, and a missing piece of his soul had been found. His heart, which had been wandering in the darkness, suddenly felt at home, settled by the undeniable truth before him.

"You're my..." Damon began, his voice faltering, unable to fully grasp the enormity of the revelation.

Elijah nodded, a small smile tugging at his lips. "Your soulmate," he confirmed, his eyes holding Damon's with a quiet certainty.

Damon's disbelief transformed into acceptance, and a sense of completion settled within him. In that moment, under the unassuming sun of Mystic Falls, Damon Salvatore and Elijah Mikaelson discovered a connection that defied logic and reason. It was simple, raw, and unembellished, unburdened by poetry or grandeur.

As Elijah gently pulled the stake from his own heart, Damon felt a rush of emotions – astonishment, gratitude, and an overwhelming sense of belonging. The void that had lingered within him for so long was filled, and he knew he had found what he had been searching for.

In the quiet aftermath, as they stood together under the clear sky, Damon and Elijah embraced the reality of their soulmate bond. It was not a grand revelation but a quiet understanding, a simple truth that had the power to change their lives.

三月