Chapter 2

He watches me, eyebrow quirking and I pause for a moment. He can hear what I say right? Oh, that's weird, huh. I forgot about that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 I was quiet for a moment, not sure how I could prove it. I take my phone, opening it with shaking hands and going to YouTube, but the signal in the cave was shit. I bit my lip, going to my iTunes and finding the movies I own. I clicked on the Lost Boys, going to the very beginning. I play it, hearing the song start and feel the others come in closer, crowding me to see the screen. David's hand slowly begins to lose its grip as he watches, seeing himself on the carousel with each of the boys following him. Seeing the way Kiefer looks, and sneaking glances at David, I can't see any difference. For a moment, I'm torn between believing this is the real David. But no, this isn't some stupid fanfiction. Now, I know I did not get teleported into another dimension and placed in the laps of the Lost Boys. No. Just no, I have no time for fairy tales.

I stop it right after they kill the security guard and look up at David. His eyes slowly travel to mine, and I have no idea what he is thinking. I can't read him, I've never been good at that-reading people I mean, especially boys, or men, whatever. His hand isn't squeezing, which I suppose can be seen as a good thing, but I'm still not sure.

"Hm, so what, she from some different planet?" Paul's voice breaks the silence, speaking right into my ear as his nose trails along my hair, sniffing me. I flush, uncomfortably but I'm only able to hunch my shoulders up as someone places a hand on the back of my neck. My body freezes, my heart sputtering like a car, practically failing my body as I begin to think they are going to eat me. Maybe if they did, I would wake up in my own world? Somehow, I doubt that, but hey, wishful thinking.

"A different dimension." David scoffs, as if he doesn't believe his own words, and I don't blame him, because I don't really believe it either.

I shake my head, "I can leave." His eyes narrow, fingers digging into my cheek, and I wince. "I think, I don't know."

"No," David states, leaning back and letting go of my face. I rub it, still aware of how close the other three are.

"No?"

"No," He echoes, and I blink, face still wet from crying. Are they going to eat me? "You stay here and tell us more." I can't do anything but stare at him with my mouth open.

I shift on the couch, the thin blanket not even covering me as I hug it to my chest. I lay on my side, the light of the sun leaving me wide awake. That and also the fact that I was still reeling with what had happened just last night. I was supposed to be at my aunts, suffering the cousin I hate the most because she's a spoiled little shit, but here I am, in a cave in Santa Carla, with vampires. Well, four vampires and two halves. I met Star and Laddie last night, when David had called for them to come out. Apparently, they would go to a back room that was saved from the earthquake whenever the boys brought home humans. They thought I was to be a meal and didn't want to be in the same room when I died. That I understood, but I was a little shocked that they were so...so nice?

Star was actually not as stuffy and sulky like how I read in fanfictions. She was sad for me, for being mixed up in it, but when I told her I wasn't from this world she was all over me. She asked question after question and seemed to be very interested in the laptop I brought from my car and my phone. Laddie was sweet, and warmed up to me quickly, but I think that was because I didn't try to push myself onto him. He was a runaway, at least that's what I remember reading, and didn't want to force myself into his face. I let him approach me first, and when Star had warmed up to me, he seemed to take it as the greenlight.