Chapter 9

Italic is Dreaming

What was I waiting on? Death? Was I really just waiting for him to kill me? I mean, he probably was gunna kill me, but what was he waiting for?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ambience of the cave consisted solely of the burning barrels, the air moving through the different tunnels, and the slow breaths of David as he smoked in his chair. The others were gone, off with a swift order from David as soon as the moon rose. He was watching me, eyes gleamed over the flickering flames as he took another deep inhale of his smoke. My eyes dropped to the barrel between us, the metal half way rusted through. I looked down at my lap, playing with my fingers.

What did he want? Why were we the only ones here? Was something wrong? Am I going to be eaten? Oh god, I'm gunna be eaten. This is it. This is how it ends. I'm gunna die this night and I'm not even gunna get to watch the last season of supernatural or maybe have some good decent sex. Oh my god am I really thinking about my lack of sex life before dying? Am I that much of a loser?

"Elsie." My head snaps up on command, reacting on instinct as David broke me from the chains my mind held over me. He was smirking, probably reveling in my own self pity. That dick. He shifts in his chair, his attention all on me. The heat in his eyes made me burn, tingling between my legs causing my heart to quicken. God, now I was turned on by my future murderer? Fuck.

"Come here." His words didn't register with me completely, not until he narrowed his eyes, growling out a 'now' around his cigarette. My body jumped into action before I did, my mind dogged by the look in his eyes. He was so beautiful, so enchanting that I couldn't think of anything else but just being with him. It was like my whole being needed him, in any way I was permitted to have. I reached him quickly, stopping before him on wobbly legs, my hands nervously fiddling in front of me. "Kneel."

"Excuse me?" I ask, furrowing my brow as I looked up at him through my lashes. David stared at me, eyes growing dark and face slowly melting into a stoic mask. His gaze brought an intensity that was hard to match; as I was unable to even keep my head up. I glanced up just when a tug in the back of my mind caught my attention. 'Kneel' it said. My body fell before I commanded it to. My feet tucked under my rear, my knees together, hands on my thighs as I tried to ignore the piercing eyes above me. I felt so small, so exposed under David's eyes as I waited. What was I waiting on? Death? Was I really just waiting for him to kill me? I mean, he probably was gunna kill me, but what was he waiting for? I jump when a gloved hand takes my chin, lifting my head so I am meeting his eyes. He leaned forward in his chair, his face close to mine as he grinned down at me. He blinked, the movements lagging as everything seemed to slow down. It was like watching everything in a foggy haze, the world's speed reduced to a snail-like-speed. I saw how his eyelashes fluttered, the slow twitches in his muscles as he smiled. How his eyes dilated, the color flashing yellow for only a moment. I hummed, body warm as I felt his gloved thumb rub the corner of my chin, soothing me as I leaned closer.

I flinched when I opened my eyes. The cave was empty, the light from outside dimming with each passing moment. I take a minute, looking around to see Star and Laddie both still sleeping. Oh god, it was a dream. I just had a weird sexual dream about David. Fuck, oh my god. No. No we aren't going there. I can dream and think about it all I want when I'm back at home. Yep. No. No sexual fantasies until I am hundreds of miles and a whole dimension away and thirty years into the future.

I need a cold shower. Asap. I grab my phone and a new pair of clothes and head back to where the bathing pool is. Light is coming from the hole in the ceiling. The water sparkled with the rays of light, making the place look a little more serene.