Chapter 4

Italic is the Movie 

"Okay, I've just gotta know, like I know that isn't your blood, because Max is the head vampire but like..." I pause, thinking about my words. "Does it really taste that good to you? Is that like a 'ooh yes this is fucking tasty' shiver or a 'ohh my god I'm gunna bust a nut' kinda shiver? Like, you guys don't seem to like Max, at least, what I've seen from the movie, and a lot of the fandom seems to get that idea too. But like..." I trail off, and David raises an eyebrow at me. "Right, right. Sorry." I hit play, settling back down.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey! That's me!"

"Yeah, this was one of my favorite scenes."

"I look good."

"Hush Paul."

~

~

"Who are these people?"

"The Emersons."

"Who are they?"

"Just watch the movie, Paul."

~

~

"He's so oily!"

"I know, but the fandom loves him."

"The fandom?"

"Yeah, I'll tell you later."

~

~

"Hey! I know those two!"

"Shh!!"

"Sorry..."

~

~

"Is that how I sound?"

"Yes, now shush."

~

I pause it just as movie David takes a swig of wine and look over at him.

"Okay, I've just gotta know, like I know that isn't your blood, because Max is the head vampire but like..." I pause, thinking about my words. "Does it really taste that good to you? Is that like a 'ooh yes this is fucking tasty' shiver or a 'ohh my god i'm gunna bust a nut' kinda shiver? Like, you guys don't seem to like Max, at least, what I've seen from the movie, and a lot of the fandom seems to get that idea too. But like..." I trail off, and David raises an eyebrow at me. "Right, right. Sorry." I hit play, settling back down.

I watch as Michael drinks it. And while I don't actually have a problem with Star, in the movie she always struck me as annoying. I watch anxiously as the movie goes on before the scene in which they go to the cave and Marko dies. I pause it, standing up.

"Um, you boys need a break? I need a small break." I hum, nodding my head as I prepare myself for what might happen when they watch.

"What's wrong girl?"

"Just. Just um. W-well..." I sigh, looking at Marko. "I'm sorry. I don't know how you guys will take it. But it isn't pretty or-or you know- nice." I hit play, standing behind the computer so I didn't have to see. It didn't matter though, because I could still hear it. I watched as the boy's tense, as the frog brothers found the cave in which they sleep.

'Easy pickings!'

'Get the small one first!'

Paul growls, arm coming round Marko's shoulders as he pulls the smaller vampire closer. Marko's eyes are locked on the screen, and for the first time I've ever seen it, he looks scared. They all flinch when the stake tears through Marko's chest, and David stands up. I hit pause, just as movie David said 'tonight' after the boys got away. Paul is holding Marko, who is shaking, eyes vacant as the situation falls over him. Dwayne is sitting with his elbows rested on his knees, head down.

David marches towards me, and I back away as he comes to grab my neck.

"What else!" His vampire face is out, eyes yellow as anger shakes his whole being.

I wince, "You remember the bridge? When you guys all jumped?"

"What about it?" David hisses, waiting for an explanation.

"It's the order in which you all die." I state slowly, "Marko, staked in the heart. Paul is melted in the bathtub full of holy water, Dwayne is hit in the heart with an arrow but he is also thrown back against a radio set and electrocuted, he blows up...you um, Michael and you fight and he refuses your offer to be one of them again, and he throws you into an animal head, you get impaled by the antlers and die. Max is with Lucy Emerson, but when he takes her home and sees your bodies he tells Lucy that you guys behaved badly and he tries to get her to join him. He's killed too."

"Show me." I hesitantly walked away from David and move the movie up, sitting on the couch, as the death's play out, they are silent, taking it all in. I shut my computer once it's over. "I didn't want Star and Laddie to see it because I didn't want Star to see that if she goes to Michael, and asks his help, that it would work." It's quiet, before David stands up. I watch as he slowly paces the room, eyes dark as he thinks everything over.

"What do we do David?" Dwayne asks, looking up at him.

"Star hasn't met Michael yet." He utters, and I nod.

"Okay, so do you just not let her go to the concert? I mean, Max still tells you guys to get Michael and Sam, right?" I look at David with wide eyes, "Does Max need to see this? Because to me it seems like he doesn't really care that you guys died. I don't know him like you but still."

"No." David growled, glaring at me. "We tell him nothing."

"What do we do then?" Dwayne's calm voice breaks the tension. I look at Marko, who was still pressed up against Paul. The taller blond hadn't let go of his smaller brother, unwilling to accept the fact that they all died in front of him. "Max will meet Lucy, he will want her."

"What if he sees it and then like, just tries to get to Lucy the old fashion way? I mean, she was clearly taken with him before..." I try offering a solution. It wasn't my life at stake, I mean, they could totally kill me right here and now, but in the end, they still had a good chance of dying. "He can turn her himself, right?"

"She won't abandon her sons." David shakes his head, scowl still deeply embedded in his face. He was thinking hard, and I wished I knew what he was thinking about.

"Star betrayed us. Michael betrays us! Are we just going to forget about that?" Paul's anger causes his voice to echo off the walls. He stands, glaring at David and Dwayne. "She went to Michael, she caused him to tell his brother and those little twerps! They came into our home and killed Marko! She doesn't care about us, she never did David! We can't ignore the fact that she let us die." I bit my lip, not stepping in because Paul was right. Star did sit back and watch them die. She sees them as monsters. Monsters that ruined her life and are forcing her to do something she didn't want. Did they trick her? Yes, I will admit they did, but they helped her get off the streets, gave her a home, accepted her when no one else did. She didn't have to drink from the bottle. I chew on my nail, watching the boys try to figure out what to do.

"I know Paul." David's quiet reply made my skin crawl.

"What about Laddie? He-he didn't do anything. You're not going to do anything to him right?" I asked, scared that they would hurt him. He was just a little kid, he probably didn't understand what was going on. Star and Michael took him, and he was about to be killed by Sam and the Frog brothers. He was scared!

"He's one of us." Dwayne states from his seat on the couch, and the others agree. "He'll stay with us."

"So..." I trail off, unsure if there was a plan in motion. "What's the plan?" We all looked at each other, the cave completely quiet as we all waited for David to say something. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Short but sweet