Chapter 10

I dress quickly, completely ignoring the fact he did not grab my underwear. The little dick.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walk out into the lobby, rolling my shoulders. It was one of the most comfortable yet stiff nights I had. Where you sleep so hard and sound that your body is so sore in the morning. I look over as I see Marko was awake as well, earlier than any of the others. I walk over, plopping down hard next to him on the couch, bouncing slightly. He glances over, a ghost of a smirk on his face as he raises an eyebrow.

I grin, "Morning! Or-Evening."

"Good evening, El." I look around, noticing that Star was alone, but still sleeping. "Tonight, is the feeding, right?" I feel him nod in confirmation, "Will I be staying here with Laddie and Star?"

"No, David wants you with us tonight, Star will watch Laddie."

I hum, taking a piece of my hair and playing with it. "Hey, will you braid my hair?" I glance up when he doesn't reply. I see him staring at me, eyes a little wider than they usually are, and his mouth is slightly gaped. "Marko?"

"Really?" He asks, sitting up straighter, "You'll let me do your hair?" I nod, smiling at his giddy expression. "Can I pick out your outfit too?" It was rushed, as if he was told he could get two toys instead of one.

"Uh, sure?" I shrug my shoulders and resist the urge to laugh as he jumps from the couch and rushes around, searching for supplies- I guess to do my hair with-before rushing back with his hands full of stuff I wasn't able to look at. He jumps up and swings a leg behind me, sitting on the back of the couch as I feel him start. He's gentle, like unnecessarily gentle with me. Maybe he was just afraid to tug too hard and rip out all my hair? Vampires are wicked strong, so maybe he just needs to be more delicate. I flip my phone open, humming as I scroll through pictures I took of the boys-but the best were the ones with snap chat filters....I take a deep breath, steeling the nerve to cry in laughter. It's so good.

I bit my lip when I thought of the plot of the movie. Tomorrow would be the day that the frog brothers and Sam came to the cave. Marko might...or maybe in my effort to stop them, one of the others would die? If things go right, then Michael should ask about Max, or maybe mention the head vampire...but if he doesn't? What if David doesn't have a reason to put Max out there? What if the frog brothers don't care that they aren't in charge? They wouldn't, I don't see them caring too much. Sam if a bit of a push over, at least from my opinion in the movie. He's hesitant to even stake one of them in their sleep, and he easily caved into Michael, also hid under the covers while Star was there (who was in the boy's opinion, a poor excuse for a half vampire).

I feel chilled hands on my shoulders, and Marko's leaning down to my ear. "Everything okay?"

I clear my throat, "Yeah, just thinking, I guess. Got lost in thought." I can tell by the hesitated pause that he doesn't believe me, but I wave my hand, "You still wanted to pick out my clothes?"

"Yes!" He chirps and scrambles up, going towards my bags and digging through all my shit. I laugh as he is audibly mumbling to himself, tossing things this way and that. He digs out a skirt and throws it at me. I catch it just before it hits me in the face. I laugh, watching as he rushes to a corner of the cave, and digs around. He picks up a black shirt, and then snags a red pants on his way back towards me. "This, and this." He pushes them at me, and I hold the clothes in my hand for a moment, before shrugging.

"Turn around please," I dress quickly, completely ignoring the fact he did not grab my underwear. The little dick. I keep my bra on, but other than that, don't bother with anything else in terms of undergarments. "Okay, this, okay?" He spins and looks me over. I had the legging on, with the flannel around my waist, and the shirt was a little baggy.