Chapter 19

The 21st century was really kicking off, much like my first time around.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You-" My mouth wouldn't work. "You want me as...a pack member? Like...as a vampire?" My voice shook, my brain unable to compute at the moment. I slowly took a seat, feeling like I'd pass out if I didn't ground myself.

"Yes." Fuck. They wanted me? Why? Sure I was nice, and helped, but I mean...I wasn't anything special. I thought of my mom, of her dying alone while I was here, building a life for myself. Guilt washed over me, at how happy I could be here, while she was suffering alone. How could I feel that way, when she'd never get closure? But if I left, if I tried to leave...I'd never be able to come back. Sure, I'd go home and see my mom. Spend her last months, weeks maybe, with her but then I'd be alone. I wasn't close with family, my mom and I were always the odd ones out. I had a few close friends, but most lived states away with their own lives and careers.

"Luna," I snap my head up, locking eyes with David. "Join us." There was no compulsion, no tricks, no bottle to pure pressure me. Just...just an offer, a simple request. This was the pack offering themselves, their lives, and everything up for me to take part in.

I lick my lips, "My mom...she's really sick." David doesn't speak, doesn't move, as he watches me. "How...is it selfish to just...disappear?" I feel Dwayne slide a hand onto my shoulder, a silent support. "I'm her only child...a-and being here...I can't say goodbye to her. She'll be alone these last couple of months before..."

"If your mother knew the truth, of what you did here, and how you felt, how we felt...what would she say?" Dwayne's voice from behind me was like the small angel on your shoulder, helping make life changing decisions.

I thought about what my mom would say. She was a free spirit, strong willed and adventurous. She'd always pushed me to make friends, to go out, see the world, to do something. I think she'd be disappointed that I didn't do something for myself that would make me happy. "She'd call me stupid for going back home." I laugh, smiling down at the table. I take a deep breath, "Okay...I'll stay." I nod, instantly feeling relief as I finally made a choice. I couldn't help but smiling as I felt the air in the room lighten as Paul hollered from the second floor, Laddie's screams of joy following soon after.

"When do we..."

David smirks, "Right now, if you're sure."

My heart skips, and I nod. "Yeah."

David slides his gloves off, pulling up his sleeve, before beckoning me over. I sit in his lap, watching as he bites his wrists before holding it up for me. The smell was sweet, but not disgustingly so. "It doesn't take much, so don't worry." I nod, swallowing around the nerves, before I close my lips around the wound, and suck. My mouth fills with the most mouth watering taste I've ever experienced. It was hard to describe, a mix of the best food ever and candy. Like all your favorite things wrapped in one, but without tasting bad with them mixed all together. If that makes sense.

The wrist is yanked from my mouth before I know it, and my head clouds with pleasure, the high making me dizzy as I lean back against David. I feel a hand run through my hair, soothing me as the world is screaming, cheers from Dwayne and Marko, amplified by Paul and Laddie coming into the kitchen.

"You're staying!" Laddie beams, arms wrapping around me tightly.

"Hell yeah!" Paul cheers, turning the radio up with some song as the boys begin to party. I sit with David, smiling as the others celebrate this change. I didn't really know what life, or my afterlife would hold, but I knew I'd enjoy it.

---

The boardwalk glittered with colorful lights, voices and music bouncing all around as I stood, people watching. It was a familiar sight. iPhone, wireless headphones, the hair, the makeup...the faint sound of Ariana Grande and One Direction echoed in the distance. The 21st century was really kicking off, much like my first time around.

I sensed him before I saw him, Marko coming up to my side, grinning like a cat that ate all the fish in the tank. He playfully presented me with a giant stuffed Charizard. My eyes grew wide as I gasped, "They have those now?!"

"Yup," Marko chirps, pleased I liked his gift. "To celebrate finally catching one on the little..." Marko twirled his finger, "game, on your phone."

I hummed, "Thank you Marko," I kissed him, tugging him close by his jacket, one that was still growing in patches.

"Hey hey! What about me? He can't hog all the kisses!" Paul bounds up, out of nowhere smelling like weed and...something else. He cups my face, peppering kisses all over. He sighs dramatically, pulling away. "Alas, I could kiss you all day...but! I can't!"

"Oh?" I cock a brow, sharing a look with Marko. We both watch Paul flail around.

"Yes! I've come on important business, because Dwayne and David scored on a meal." I grin, hunger burning like dry ice, eager to feed and sate my hunger.

"Hm, have you picked up Laddie?"

"Yes ma'am," Paul nods.

"Then let's go, can't keep the others waiting." I sing-song, holding my prize to my chest as Paul and Marko walk on either side of me, protective and possessive as they keep anyone from getting within five feet of me.

We soon met up with the others.

"Hey mama," Laddie sighs, smiling over at me.

"Rough night?" I ask, reaching up to brush a lock of hair behind his ear. Laddie had grown so tall, letting his hair get shaggy and such, his gold lightning bolt stuck out nicely dangling just under his ear. Dwayne rests his elbow on Laddie's shoulder, smiling at me.

"Nah, just hungry."

I smile, "Well," I turn to David, eager to start the night. The laughter and music from the bonfire party happening just over the hill was nice, if a bit teasing. They all smelled so good.

David exhales smoke, a sadistic gleam in his eyes. Oh yes, this would be fun.

The End