Chapter 13

"I think you're gunna have to clean the house more often."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Laddie finally got better after two days. Two very long days of me hovering over him, staying with him at all times. Dwayne had to pull me away more than once, to both sleep and eat. The night he woke up and felt better and was able to walk and sit up without getting dizzy I made him take a bath. He'd been there for three days sweating and sick, of course that's the first thing I'm going to have him do. I also put the clothes he wore and the blankets he used into a bag to wash later. The others should be up anytime now, and Laddie was still getting dressed after his early morning-evening? -bath.

I stood up, having just zipped up my boots when I jumped, spinning to see Paul standing awfully close. He was looking down at me, a shit eating grin on his face. I frown, taking him in for a moment before responding.

"Yes?"

"I think you're forgetting something." He stepped closer, eyes trailing over my body as he rested a hand on the wall behind me. I tried not to flush at his obvious appreciation of my outfit. Marko picked it again, so I knew I looked good. Jean skirt, fishnet tights Marko pulled out of nowhere, a black sequin tube top I got while shopping with Laddie, and Dwayne's jacket.

I raised an eyebrow, "Am I?" Paul nodded, and I tilted my head, well aware I was baring my neck just a tad for him. His eyes fell over it instantly, eyes swirling with an intense storm of lust. He stared, mouth parting just a tad. "Well?" I startled him out of whatever thoughts he was drowning in. "Are you going to tell me what I forgot Paul?"

"My kiss." Paul states and I lean around him, peering at the area I told him to pick up. Just like he promised, Paul's corner was spic and span. I turn back to Paul, a smirk slowly making its way onto my face. Paul grins, moving even closer, pressing out fronts together. He cups my cheek with his free hand, leaning down to press his forehead against mine. My heart was beating fast even though I was trying to play cool. It was Paul and we were about to kiss. I look at his lips then back at his eyes. He wasn't moving any closer, which meant he was waiting for me. Why? I wasn't sure, but it was kind of nice knowing he wanted to have me initiate it. I grab his jacket, raising up onto my tip toes, closing the gap between us.

The effects were instantaneous. Paul buried his hand in my hair, forcing my head back while pulling me closer with a hand on my back. He tasted like cold copper and the liquor he partook in last night with Dwayne, with a hint of something green and spicy. A small noise escapes me as Paul shoves me back, pinning me to the wall with his body, smothering me with his lips. It was wet, fast, and hard. I wasn't sure if it was just Paul or a vampire thing, but he was hard on everything. From the way his hands gripped me, fingers digging into my skin, to how forceful his tongue pressed down over mine. Paul pulled away slowly, ghosting lighter kisses over my mouth, making me follow him in search of more. All I knew at that moment is I wanted more, just more.

I opened my eyes, feeling out of breath with numbing lips as I gazed up at him. Paul stared down at me, quiet and serene with a tamed wildness in his eyes. I watched as he gently fixed my hair, fingers fluffing and smoothing as they went.

"I think you're gunna have to clean the house more often."

Paul chuckled as he smirked, smugly running his tongue over his bottom lip. "You taste good girl,"

My face flushed and I swatted at him. "Shut your mouth!" Paul danced away from my assault, giggling as he went.

"Hope we aren't interrupting you." I turned to see David standing with Dwayne and Marko flanking him, all watching us with their own personalized grins.