chapter 12

~HARRY'S POV~

i'm standing in the corner of the three broomsticks trying to find another slip of parchment or something that resembles another event i've had with draco when i feel something touch the back of my head.

i turn around and find ron smirking at me while hermione lectures him on how he shouldn't hurt me, which to be completely honest, is not needed because she knows he's not going to listen either way with his newfound strength and height that was gifted to him by the puberty gods. something i envy him for heavily, but i don't let it sink in considering i'm still frantically searching for the one thing that'll send me into the next stage of this hunt.

then i turn towards the ground, at the object ron had just flung at my head. i bend down and pick it up, examining it.

it's a mini crocheted snitch, complete with the wool wings and closely knit yarn. it brings back memories of the first time i crocheted, it was a sweater for draco. i was perched on draco's lap while he was reading a muggle fairy tale, next to the beautiful fire. it was right after we got our first pet, a little puppy. he's shit brown, like the good brown, the color that comes out after you eat carrots for a week and you're really healthy, and dirty blonde with a hint of white on his chest. we named him padfoot. he was rolling on the carpet and playing with the wool from the yarn. it was so fucking wholesome, it was the most fulfilling day of my life. spent with my lover and my little baby.

i gently pinch the wing of the snitch in my hands and pull it a little bit, remembering the strange way draco pets our child. words fly out of the snitch and appear in front of me. i smile at my problem solving skills, considerably proud of myself.

oh damn, you're smart babe. you figured it out!

"i feel within me a peace above all earthly dignities, a still and quiet conscience."

you figured this out, so where were we? that was one of the most calming days we've ever spent together, and i loved every moment of it.

you can do it! i believe in you, and hurry up, i'm waiting.

i smile at his impatience and trot over to hermione and ron, knowing exactly where we were and how to get there, but hermione stops me.

"but harry, we can't apparate there." she glances over to ron, and they have some sort of mental conversation. so this is how ron felt all those years ago...

i don't bother with it though, because i'm being pulled away by hermione as a brilliant idea pops into her head, at least, i hope so.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

holy shit this chapter is short as fuck, i'm losing hope in this story, but i'm doing it for you guys.

sorry i'm super super slow and i'm feeding yall crumbs, i apologize.

barely any progress on the gxg, but we're getting there.

still all sorts of busy, so it's hard to publish, but i'm trying.

ALSO, AHHHHHHHHHHH THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR 1.1K READS IT'S SO EMPOWERING TO KNOW YOU GUYS READ AND ACTUALLY LIKE WHAT I WRITE SO THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

and no, the next chapter will not be out soon, but hopefully it'll be longer than this one!