chapter 14

~HARRY'S POV~

hermione's jaw drops as she sees the girl stationed in front of us, and it would be hard to say mine didn't either. i've always known the girl was different from the other Slytherins, just by the way she would act. she was kind and sweet and just generally atypical. and i know that hermione fancied her. 

she didn't tell me, but honestly? i don't need to hear it from her. although it would solidify my guesses and presumptions, i already know that she was cursed by the girl's charms. that, and my gaydar can sense a hint of non-straightism whenever i encounter it. 

so seeing hermione awestruck at the sight in front of us switched my expression from one of confusion to a wide smirk, wanting to see the show that is bound to unfold. i glanced over at ron and his cerulean eyes glint mischievously, like he's also ready to see this go down. now, we're definitely not supposed to derive pleasure off of this interaction, but... 

pansy speaks first, after releasing a large breath. "h-hermione?" 

hermione gasps, like hearing the raven-haired girl speak was enough to make her faint. apparently, it was. she closes her eyes and begins her descent to the ground, but before ron or i can pounce underneath her and break her fall, pansy swiftly grasps her limp body and picks her up bridal style. 

ron walks over to me and i whisper smugly, "i call being best man!" and then i run away like a chipmunk, ron hot on my tail screaming, "HEY! NO FAIR!"

once we reach the hospital wing, out of breath and panting, pansy giggles softly and nods her head at us. she mutters to herself, "i always wondered why she became friends with those idiots,"

ron and i both turn to each other, then back at her, frowns plastered on our faces, "WE ARE NOT IDIOTS!" we scream.

she just shakes her head and laughs. she softly places hermione on one of the beds and pulls a chair up to sit next to her. we watched us she strokes her hair lovingly and rubs small circles on the back of her hand, willing her to wake up. ron leaves to go find madam pompfrey to help hermione and i smile at the scene in front of me.

 i pull a chair up and sit next to pansy, curiosity nibbling at me from the inside out, and slowly ask her, "where have you been?"

she turns to me with a somber smile on her face, bracing herself for my reaction, and begins explaining her story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hermione finally wakes up, her eyes widening and her mouth twisting into a frown as she realizes where she is. she turns to me, whispering, almost as if she spoke any louder her voice would disappear, "where's p-pansy? and ron?" she questioned, not sparing a thought for her own well-being. 

i chuckle and grasp her fingers in mine, squeezing reassuringly in a way that would tell her that everything is alright. she musters a small smile and leans back into the bed, slowly drifting off to sleep once more. 

as soon as she falls asleep, the door squeaks open. i glance up to see who it is, and pansy stands in the doorway, watching hermione's chest rise and fall in a rhythmic pattern. ron comes in after her, placing a firm hand on her shoulder and walking her inside, shutting the door behind him. 

ron whispers, so as not to wake the brunette between us up, "i found the next clue, if you want to see it. and i informed draco about this, don't worry." i shoot ron a grateful smile and gently take the next clue from his hand. 

it's an envelope, an off-white color, but worn out on the edges, like an ancient book. i slide my index finger underneath the left side of the flap, slowly dragging it to the right. once the envelope is open, i set it aside and look inside. 

inside the envelope is a small bracelet, green and silver charms adorning the chain and a little pendant hanging from the front. i bring it closer and i see a little glass lens, placing my eye onto it to observe the interior of the glass marble. 

there's a picture of me and draco. we're sitting on a bench in the cold winter, house clothing switched. my eye runs over my figure, my cheeks are stained pink from the cold, my green and silver scarf wrapped tightly around my neck to shield my body from the chilly air. i'm sitting on draco's lap with a huge smile on my face, and my eyes are closed in happiness. he's wearing a cute red and gold beanie, and his scarf was also around his neck, but with the Gryffindor colors. one hand is grasping my waist and the other is taking the picture, his head on my shoulder and smiling into the camera. 

my heart pounds at the thought of that day, or any memory with draco really. i can't seem to get enough of the boy, no matter what he does. everything he says or does is attractive to me, and i can't get away. he's like my protector, holding me tight and making sure i'm okay at all times. 

i just wish it was close to how it used to be. when we were together all the time and making each other happy, the eternal love burning in us never getting a chance to die out. even now our love is still strong, it will always be, but it's different than before. we've grown up together, but in between everything, we've grown apart. and the only person that can fill that gap is him. 

my mind goes back to the clue, trying to detect where it was taken. then it occurs to me, and i jump out of my chair in  joy. i see pansy and ron glaring at me and i sit back down, sheepishly.

"sorry, my bad. i figured out the next clue!" i respond to their glaring, hoping they'll let me off the hook. 

"good job, harry!" they say at the same time, and then we all break out in soft, silent giggles. hermione groans at the noise and turns over, grumbling. which leads us to even more laughter and shushing. the love is present between us too, the friendship and everlasting bond holding us together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hey guys! i updated, applaud me. 

i'm not gonna say much, i'm really tired right now, but as always i'm busy. 

i hope you guys enjoyed the book so far, and i'm really trying not to discontinue it. 

i'll finish it for you guys, dw. 

also i wanted to thank LITERALLY EVERYONE FOR 2K READS IM SO HAPPY YALL ARE SO AMAZING I COULD NEVER DO THIS WITHOUT YOU!! 

yall's feedback helps my improve my writing so much, so feel free to help me with any mistakes you see, i'll try and fix it immediately.

i love yall, thank youuuu! see u in the next chapter!