chapter 16

~NARRATOR'S POV~

sunlight streamed through the stained glass windows of the ancient chapel, painting the stone floors with emerald and sapphire hues. harry, heart pounding in his chest, adjusted his emerald waistcoat and glanced towards the arched doorway. he could hear the soft rustle of silk skirts and the murmur of approaching voices.

hermione, his closest confidante and now his best woman, gave his arm a reassuring squeeze. "ready, potter?" she asked, a playful glint in her eyes.

he managed a grin back, though his palms were slick with nervous sweat. "ready as i'll ever be."

the double doors swung open, and the procession began. pansy parkinson, draco's closest friend and harry's unlikely ally, walked first, a vision in deep amethyst velvet. then came narcissa malfoy, her face serene despite the tearful glint in her eyes, her arm linked with lucius, his stern expression softened by a flicker of pride.

and finally, there he was. draco.

golden sunlight seemed to halo his platinum hair as he strode down the aisle, a tailored black suit replacing his usual slytherin robes. his jaw was clenched tight, but harry could see the tremor in his fingers, the same anxiety mirroring his own. yet, when their eyes met, the universe seemed to shrink to just the two of them.

draco offered a shy smile, a vulnerable look that sent a familiar warmth blooming in harry's chest. this was the draco he knew, the boy beneath the mask, the one who had shared secrets with him and held him steady through the darkest nights.

he reached the altar, and the auror guards flanking him stepped back, a silent guard of honor. the silence in the chapel stretched taut, broken only by the soft sniffles from ron, seated amongst the weasley family in the front church.

then, the voice of the priest cut through the tension. "we are gathered here today..." his words seemed muffled to harry, his focus solely on draco, on the silver dragons intertwined on his finger, a reflection of their own bond.

as the man spoke of love, commitment, and the binding magic of vows, harry's chest constricted. this wasn't just a wedding; it was a declaration. a public acceptance of the love they had whispered in secret, the love that had bloomed despite prejudice and war.

the vows themselves were simple, heartfelt promises spoken without falter. draco's voice, usually laced with sardonic wit, trembled with emotion as he declared his love, his unwavering belief in harry, the chosen one who had shown him the way to light.

and when harry met draco's gaze, his voice thick with love and gratitude, he echoed those promises. he spoke of draco's unwavering support, his courage, the laughter that chased away the shadows. he spoke of a love that had defied definition, a love that transcended the scars of the past and embraced the promise of the future.

as the priest declared them "united in the bonds of matrimony," a wave of euphoria washed over harry. he reached for draco's hand, the dragons on their rings merging into one, a tangible symbol of their forever.

their first kiss was stolen, a breathless collision of lips that silenced the chapel. it was a kiss that tasted of triumph, of acceptance, of a love that had weathered every storm and emerged stronger.

when they pulled apart, hand in hand, they turned to face their friends and family. there were tears, cheers, relieved snorts from ron, and a beaming smile from narcissa that lit up the room. this wasn't just the end of their individual journeys; it was the beginning of their shared one, a story written in love, etched in silver and ice, and sealed with a kiss under the stained glass windows of an ancient chapel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

bro i acc tried on this one 

i hope yall like ittt 

TY TY TY TY THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 4.2K IM LITERALLY SO HAPPY PLSLSLSLSLSLS

im so sorry im late but it was to be expected

almost done guys.. see u in the next chapter!!