chapter 13

here's a new one for you guys

~HERMIONE'S POV~

I know exactly how to get back into Hogwarts. I yanked Ron and Harry by their collars and apparated with them to a spot just outside of Hogwarts. I've always wanted to come back to this beautiful school. Everything about it is enchanting, the school itself was aging though. Thick vines of ivy climbed up the sides of the huge castle I had for a school. Some parts of the building were broken down, rough and edged, chunks missing. It was a visual representation of what had happened, and how much damage we had gone through because of it. 

It was a real honor to actually study here for a large portion of my life. Given, I didn't know anything about wizardry before I came to this school, I'm seriously grateful towards it. I loved everything about it, from the loud Quidditch games to the peaceful, quiet nights I spent studying in the Gryffindor common room, every part of it was such a wonderful experience. But apart from the school, there was someone that made every single day just that much better.

They would put a smile to my face when I was stressed. They comforted me when times were tough and when I was at my lowest. They stuck by my side, no matter what. And from the outside, it might have seemed like just a simple forbidden friendship, but there was something more to it that no one took the time to notice.

After the...war...we drifted apart. It was heartbreaking, and I haven't seen them since. I heard that they had died, and I spent a good month or so sobbing in my room, closed my doors and kept myself away. It was a horrible period of my life, but I decided that she wouldn't have wanted me to waste my life away. She would have told me to go out and have some fun, teased me endlessly and forced me to socialize. That's right, she. She was a girl.

So here I am, pansexual and alone, holding myself together and guiding my friend towards the experience of a lifetime, living without the girl that made me whole. 

No one knows about my sexuality or my relationship with her, not even Ron or Harry. Only she did. I miss her so much that my heart aches when I hear her name. When an image of her flashes into my head I have to struggle to hold up the broken dam with no end to the amount of water held back by it. Crumbling further every second, gushing floods of clear liquid ready to spew out, but still held up sturdy.

I feel tears push at the brim of my eye, but I blink them shut. I'm not breaking down right now, I need to get Harry inside. 

We walk over to the side of the school and find the iconic tree that had never failed to wreak havoc on every single passerby. Strong, sturdy, and tall, the complete opposite of my state of mind currently. We slowly make our way closer to it, trying our best not to provoke it. 

"How are we going to get near it?" Harry whispers, catching on to my plan. I smile sweetly, pushing aside my emotions for the moment and focusing on my best friends.

"We run." I respond, my body shifting into a running stance.

"She's not serious, is she?" Ron asks Harry, looking like he's ready to laugh his head off. 

"I am." I say, extremely confident that this will not work, but we'll have fun doing it anyway. 

"Then let's do it." Harry responds, trying to match my position and failing. I snort and feel myself growing more carefree by the second, ready to let go of my boundaries for a bit and soar through the field in front of me. 

"3...2...RUN!" I scream, bolting towards the secret entrance towards the base of the tree. 

Harry and I take off speeding, while Ron lags behind yelling, "I WASN'T READYYY!!" Harry and I reach the base of the tree and break out into laughter watching Ron dodge the swinging branches of the willow above us.

He falls down once he finishes running towards us, panting. I'm bound to lose my breath with how much I'm giggling right now. I help Ron up and we head inside the ginormous tree. We begin walking and the two boys begin chattering, catching up from all the events that had happened in the past few days. 

I stride ahead of them, running my fingers along the aged tunnel wall, searching for every crevice and crack, yearning to learn their stories. I continue exploring the walls of the tunnel when I see a glint in my peripheral vision. I turn towards the shine and bend down, looking for the attractive ornament.  My eyes are once again drawn to the familiar glow, and I lift the small pin off of the ground. 

I examine the pin in my hand, it's a Slytherin house pin. The condition it's in definitely means it's been used heavily or it's been through some crazy experiences. The edges are undefined and sanded down while the interior of the pin is shiny as ever. The deep green serpent snakes its way through the blinding silver, reminding me of our stupid house rivalry. 

Little had anyone known, the love of my life was in Slytherin, and she was the sweetest person I had ever met. Not salty, rude or any of the stereotypical Slytherin characteristics that she was meant to hold. She was kind and so beautiful. Her beauty never failed to capture me, holding me within her gaze and making me wish I could be in her embrace forever. But I couldn't, and it broke me.

I tuck the small charm into my coat, flashbacks of my memories with her returning. I wish we were still together with my entire being, but we can't. 

"'mione, what are you doing? Hurry up." Ron calls back at me, and I realize I've been standing near the wall of the tunnel for a good three minutes. I smile at him, not ready to show any of the emotion I've been dying to. Staying bottled up is really difficult, but it's for the better. I can't imagine the reaction Harry and Ron would have, and much worse, everyone else. 

I begin walking towards the school once more, again holding myself back from just telling them then and there. I feel the pin brush against the side of my chest and I smile to myself, memories flooding back to me and gracing me with their comforting presence. 

We reach the end of the passage and Harry pushes the antique door open, excited to dash into the building, not only to find the next clue, but to recollect every single memory we made here, good and bad. 

Once we step inside, I dust off my clothes and we straighten ourselves up, which is funny considering none of us are straight. I'm pan, Harry's bi, and even though Ron hasn't come out to anyone except me, Harry, and his boyfriend, he's pan. He's actually secretly dating Blaise, and they're so cute together. 

I look up, clean and ready to sneak our way into the common room when two things occur in my head. 

One, how are we going to get into the Gryffindor common room if we don't know the password? Will the fat lady just recognize us and let us in if we persuade her with a few compliments, or will she shriek and alert the whole school of our arrival? 

Two, how in the ten billion dimensions is she here? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hey guys. i'm so sorry, but i did warn you i wasn't going to be on time, whenever that is. 

i've gotten nowhere with anything, i have srs writer's block. 

but i'm glad that you guys like this, thank you truly, it encourages me so much when i come back and see that i've racked in another 50 reads. 

that brings me to 1.4K READS WTFFFFFF THANK YOU SO MUCHHHHH I LOVE YALL!!

i thought i was gonna end this book soon but i guess not, but that means more waiting for yall, ha! 

also i hope you liked hermione's pov, i tried my best to embody the queen of perfection, but it may not live up to your standards.

and if your dumbass is still confused about who the girl is, maybe do a double take at hermione's sexuality?

alright babes, i'll see you in the next chapter