Armin x Reader ~ Date Night

═════════════════════════════
Your evening shift at the cafe takes a pleasant turn as your best friend, and childhood crush, makes an appearance at your place of work ahead of schedule.
═════════════════════════════
SFW, fluff, friends-to-lovers, Modern!AU
═════════════════════════════

This poor coconut boy needs some love too, he gets cast aside too much :/
Request for the lovely @Littlee_Einsteins

"Damn, I just wanna go home already...."

Y/N sighed.
Though she loved her job as a barista at the local coffee shop in her small town, sometimes the six to eight hours of work drained her to the point of crashing on the spot as soon as her apartment key entered her room's lock and she set her bag down on the small couch in her living room.

The pay was decent, the customers were usually polite, and she got the weekends off. But sometimes, a girl just needs a BREAK.

As the last hour of her shift approached, Y/N found herself propped up on her elbows staring out the cafè's windows as the sun began to sink lower and lower across the horizon. She daydreamed about how she would spend the rest of her afternoon, after she closed up the shop for the evening. Since she'd made no plans for herself due to her being so mentally and physically exhausted lately, she suddenly found herself dreading her lonely night.

"Perhaps a nice warm bath...or a movie? Maybe I should start back up on my skincare routine...."

Before her daydream of lonely relaxation could continue, the soft chime of a bell from the shop's front door shook her of her thoughts. Stifling a groan, she quickly went to the counter where customers would order the their goods and prepared her little notepad for orders.

Only, she wasn't expecting to see a familiar face waiting for her on the other side of the island counter.

There stood a blonde man with soft blue eyes, peering happily at Y/N's surprised face.
Armin, who wasn't supposed to be off his own shift until eight in the evening, stood before her with a shy grin poking out from behind stray blonde hairs that fell across his forehead.

"Hey, Y/N!" he greeted nervously.
Armin had been a close friend of hers for years now, introduced to Y/N through her childhood friend, Mikasa. The moment the two met, it was as if a spark had ignited within the both of their hearts. Yet neither of them had said a thing, being too shy to confront the other, nor picking up on the other's feelings.
Even still, the two of them went way back.
Despite not acting on her emotions, Y/N considered Armin to be one of her closest friends. She would confide to him many a night about her many troubles; wether they would be big or small, and he would stay up with her for hours to talk through it all.

And whenever he needed a shoulder to lean on, or words of advice for something he was going through, he could always call her number or come see her at work for help.
Today, Y/N assumed, must be one of those moments he needed someone to talk to.

"Armin!" Y/N exclaimed. "I wasn't expecting you here today. Aren't you usually released from the office around eight?"

"Well..." Armin rubbed the back of his neck nervously.
"I called in a favor, for tonight."

"Tonight? Is there something going on?" Y/N tilted her head slightly in concern as she set her notebook down.

"No! No, nothing's wrong!" Armin was quick to reassure with a wave of his hand.
"I just....Wanted to be elsewhere for the night."