Erwin Headcannon no. 5

Married life

Married life with Erwin would be a mixed show of different aesthetics.

On one hand you'd have the regal and formal Commander, with his beautiful and poised SO either sat at his side during meetings or lacing your arm through his while on a walk through the towns.

Elegance, power, a dark and romantic acidamia vibe surrounding the two of you...This is how the people would interpret your relationship on a daily basis.

But for those closer to the man's inner circle, they'd see a whole other side to your relationship.

One where his arm was thrown around your shoulder as you casually sat in the mess hall of HQ for breakfast, with your hand placed over his on the table top in domestic familiarity.

They'd see the soft smiles and jabs of of inside jokes passed between the two of you in off duty hours.

He'd always hold the hand that held your ring, rubbing comforting circles against the back of your hand while making small talk with his veteran companions.

The innocent, or sometimes suggestive, display of affection would always warm the room you occupied with your man.

And for those who were closest to the two of you?

Dear god, they got to see nearly all the many layers of your love.

Walking into Erwin's office only to see the two of you sprawled out on the couch laughing your asses off over some story he'd been telling you was a common occurrence.

Miche couldn't count on his two hands how many times he'd walked in to see you sitting on top of Erwin's desk as he worked on signing documents, tying his hair up in goofy styles for the fun of it.

And poor Hange had learned to knock on your shared bedroom door before barging in with a report.

Hange had undoubtedly seen just how much he loved you, more than their other friends would ever want to.

Expect many jokes to come from them after this encounter the morning after.

"Seems you're balls deep in love with her, Erwin~"

"Hange, that's not appropriate," Erwin would sigh in exasperation.

"But I mean...They're not wrong," you'd butt into the conversation with a snicker.

Cue a horrified Levi nearly dropping his teacup from the other end of the table.

The point is; there's many layers to the love Erwin has for you, and you him. Wether anyone on the outside always got to see it or not, everyone knew the two of you were inseparable.