Eren x Reader ~ Heartbreak

(Requested over on my Tumblr)

═════════════════════════════
Amidst the chaos surrounding both Paradis and Marley, Y/N finds herself stuck between a rock and a hard place.

While staying close to her childhood friends Mikasa and Armin, Y/N is forced to come face to face with the man she'd grown to love for the first time in months. His departure had hit her the hardest of them all, but still she kept her chin held high.

Will she be able to rid herself of her feelings for Yaeger before it's too late for her? Or will she succumb to her grief...
═════════════════════════════
SFW, Angst, Depressive themes, Spoilers for S4
═════════════════════════════

What had just been a moment of relative relaxation, quickly turned to one of panic.

One minute, you'd watched as Jean and Connie bickered over a bottle of wine in one of the MP's cabinets, while Commander Hange spoke quietly with the Braus family before aiding Jean in cleaning off a 'poisoned' a young Marlian boy, Falco.

But the moment Niccolo lunged for the young Marlian girl, Gabi, shit hit the ceiling. The Braus's adopted daughter lunged for the girl, screaming and crying out obscenities. You watched on helplessly as Niccolo took a swipe at Gabi, having only just learned of the girl's murder back in Marley.

Sasha...poor Sasha. The memory of her death still haunted you every night you slept. To see her murderer, a young girl, standing before you uncharged and free of imprisonment...It hurt. But she was a child, you knew. A poor, brainwashed child.

Before you could even attempt to take action and aid the situation, the door behind you creaked open. Looking over your shoulder, you spotted Floch and his 'followers'; a mix of MPs and what was left of the Scouting Regime soldiers.

By the time Hange and Jean returned to the dining room, you and Onyankopon were already being held at gunpoint.

"What's wrong?" Hange asked in haste when she heard a muffled yelp from Onyankopon, but froze at the scene before them.

"Commander Hange," Floch greeted coolly, ignoring your persistent glare. "I'm glad you're here."

Floch lowered the gun aimed at your head, and turned to Hange. "I imagine you know where Zeke's at...We'll have you take us there."

You were only a second away from opening your mouth to retort his absurd statement, when Armin's startled yelp from the adjacent room made your blood run cold.

"Ere-"

Eren...

Without giving it a second though, you raced to the side of the room towards the doors, paying no mind to the soldiers who held guns to your back. You had to go. You had to see him...

"Let her," Floch's airy tone caught you off guard, making you pause with your hand on the door handle.

"He's expecting her presence too, you know."

The guards lowered their guns from your back, and you took this moment to race through the double doors.

Behind you, you faintly registered a sinister chuckle coming from Floch, but you ignored him in your haste.

You slammed the door behind you quickly, and took a look around the nearly vacant room. And there he stood; just before you at the head of a round table in the very center of the room.