Eren x Reader ~ Love on the Battlefield

Requested by the lovely 5324a_urora

═════════════════════════════
The Rumbling has begun. Yet all you can think about is him.

When Eren summons you and your companions back to the Paths once more, you fight your way forward to be at his side once more.
═════════════════════════════
SFW, angst/fluff
═════════════════════════════

I feel like this is a good mix between angst and fluff, but let me know if you'd like this request written differently lovely! Sorry it took me so long to get done 🤎

Amidst the rumbling of the flying boat's engine, broken cries and stuttered sniffles echoed off the metal walls of the cabin all around you.

You yourself did your best to wipe away the tears that stung your eyes and clear your dry throat, your knees brought up to your chest as you sat on the floor of the craft. Mikasa sat on the seat above you, a strong hand placed on your shoulder comfortingly as she silently grieved on her own.

None of you could scarcely believe it; Commander Hange was gone. And in their place now stood Armin, the fifteenth Commander of what remained of the Survey Corps.

Grief clouded your mind, ridding you of any other thought that had been plaguing you ever since this damn war had officially begun back in Marley. Well, all but one thought. It plagued you, day in and day out. Like a broken record left out to rust in the storm that had since become your life.

Why...Why do you always have to run so far away from us...from me? Eren...

Ever since his departure in Marley all those months ago, you'd begun to change. Something that hadn't gone unnoticed by your comrades.
You grew silent, speaking only when spoke to. Emotions scarcely showed on your face anymore, leaving you looking dull and lifeless.
But never did the flames of determination leave your eyes.
You were always the first up. The first to take action, reckless or not. The first to chase after him whenever he'd landed himself in enemy territory.
You'd been there at Eren's side, aiding him in taking on the War Hammer titan back in Marley. Time and time again you made your presence known at his side, aiding him in any way you knew how.

The last you'd seen him was back in Paradis, the shell of your former home. You'd raced after him down the streets as he ran; running towards his brother.

You'd screamed after him to stop, to wait for you. But your voice had fallen on deaf ears as a single gunshot rang out louder than any other sound in the broken city.

You'd never forget the dull look in Eren's eyes, looking up blankly towards the sky as his head separated from his body and came into contact with Zeke's outstretched hand.

You'd only barely survived the explosion that followed, lighting lit the sky for miles around. You'd been pulled away by Jean and Connie. The Founding titan emerged, and the rumbling had officially begun. Before you sprung a sight so horrendous, so monstrous, you could hardly believe it was Eren in there. Eren's Founding titan form.

Sighing, you rubbed your dirty hands over your sweaty face, heaving a shaky breath and clenching your fists in your lap.

Oh Eren...What have you done...What are you doing?

Slowly, what remained of your companions pulled themselves together enough to remain silent. It was eerie; the only sound to be heard was the engines and the occasional click of a button pressed by Onyankopon in the front of the flying boat, guiding you all towards your final destination across the cloudy skies.