Armin Headcannon no. 1

His Type

We're gonna pretend Annie isn't apart of the equation here.

Armin goes for more assertive partners.

Not necessarily ones with a cold exterior and indifference to showing emotions. Just someone who's gonna stand up and speak their mind.

Of course Armin can fend for himself.
But someone needs to tell the waitress he didn't want pickles included in his meal and it's not gonna be him.

•  "It's fine. I don't wanna hurt their feelings...I'm sure they worked hard on the meal I ordered!"

Cue his SO taking a stand. Quite literally.

Pls he needs the moral support of an SO who isn't afraid to speak their mind.

He's gonna go for someone emotionally available. It's not that he doesn't have the time or patience to work through things with someone, he just knows what he wants and doesn't want in a partner.

We love a man who knows what he wants.

That's not to say he won't chase after the person of his affections to the very ends of the earth. Once he's smitten, he's committed.

He also wouldn't jump into a relationship, like, immediately.

He's the type of person who wants to have a friendship with the person for awhile to really figure them out; with or without the intent to pursue a relationship.

Armin reads people like he reads books; thoroughly.

The boy would be so sweet and shy in the beginning of the relationship, but as it grows, so does his confidence.

Expect princess treatment every day while dating this precious boy.

He really needs someone with emotional intelligence.

His SO needs to be able to understand that, sometimes he's emotional.

And when he is, what he needs in the moment is someone who will take the time to sit down with him and just talk it out.

For hours.

He's someone who thinks with his heart, not his mind, when it comes to romance. In every other situation he uses his mind over his heart. But with love? Different story.

Someone who can match that energy would be ideal in his eyes.

As for appearances, the man does not care.

He never judges a book by its cover. Ever. So why would he with a person?

It's your heart he wants, not your body.

Someone who respects his morals and is patient with him is key.

All in all, he's a golden retriever boy who deserves the same energy he gives.

~Lynn