Erwin Headcannon no. 4

Dad!Erwin

(Requested over on my Tumblr)

While at first it took you by surprise, Commander Erwin's favoritism towards you soon blossomed into a friendship you never knew you needed until then.

Being away from family while enlisting in the Survey Corps had made you a touch lonely, despite the new friends you'd made(and unfortunately some you lost) in the regiment.

Once you'd been promoted, you found yourself at every neck and call of your Commander as his personal assistant.

You supposed it made sense. After all, Section Commander Hange had their own assistant, Moblit.

Over a surprisingly quick amount of time, you'd grown close with Erwin.

He wasn't one to nag at you or harp on you. He treated you as if he'd known you all your life.

Hell he even gave you weekends off?? Unless it was urgent.

There had been nights you had bonded together over a game of chess or a mug of something warm.

You'd told him about your family, and how you missed them. He'd tell you what he remembered of his late mother, and the conspiracies surrounding his father's fate.

Eventually, you looked to Erwin as a second father figure in your life.

He'd check on you during breakfast every morning, and had you take a seat at his table.

He'd call you "kiddo"

Heaven forbid anyone your age try and flirt with you cause Papa Bear Erwin comes out in full swing.

"And just what are your intentions with my assistant?"

Sometimes slips up and says "daughter/son/child"

Despite him not being your biological father or relative by blood, the man sure did act like such a dad.

"Heading out to Trost? Alright...Just be back in HQ by 9pm sharp."

Cue the usual bickering between the two of you as you tried to persuade him to make the curfew longer.

He watches out for you on expeditions and any meeting you might be accompanying him on. For both your physical and emotional safety.

He loves all "his" kids so much and I literally cannot with how adorable-

• Bickering with Hange over Dadwin's attention and getting a "now kids, I have time for both of you. I love you both equally."

Pls Dadwin is cannon you cannot change my mind.

~Lynn