Chapter 1

Another day of terror education a.k.a high school in Seattle. I'm a junior soon to be Senior and my life sucks. My parents divorced and its humiliating. I'm pretty depressed if you haven't noticed. All of the girls are so mean and fake while almost all the guys treat the girls like crap or an item. Almost all guys treat girls like that I mean it is 1984 but what about feminism. I don't fit in, I just love art and music and everyone cares about what they look like. So I am by myself at school and at home all the time. There's this one guy who I always see by himself his name is Kurt. He's really cute but I'm so insecure about myself that I never go up to him. I know he's 17 and I'm 16 by the way, sorry I forgot to mention that. I brushed my hair straight and put lipstick on. I then put my long sleeved cropped top that has black lips on it. I added my mini skirt and knee high socks with some black converse. I looked pretty groovy. I then walked to school which is half a mile away. I got my CD player and played Pearl Jam and Led Zeppelin music. I walked into the Cafeteria to buy a water and I saw Kurt sitting on the couch while writing something. Then I saw these jerks go up to him and make fun of him and it really ticked me off. I walked up to them as one of them eyed me up and down and looked at me while biting his lip. As I looked at him with disgust. I then pause my CD player and take my headphones off.

"Hey why don't you just leave him alone" I said to them, I then looked down at the ground since I'm a little shy. There leader or should I call tyrant (Adam) grabbed my chin with his hand and roughly made me look at him with force.

"Why don't you just stay out of it you junkie" Adam said.

"Don't call her that" Kurt said while trying to get up but the two guys push him down on the couch.

"Do you even know her name?" Adam asked Kurt. Kurt looked at me with his perfect blue eyes as I looked at the ground because again I'm self conscious.

"Let's leave you guys are no fun" Adam said.

"Groovy baby" I said pretending to be one of them as they left us.

"Kurt Cobain" he said with his hand out.

"Amanda Clark" I said while shaking his hand. I then sat next to him on the couch. I sat a little to close where our thighs were touching. If I scooted over it would seem like I don't like him.

"What are you listening to?" He asked me.

"Led Zeppelin and Pearl Jam" I said.

"Those our my favorite bands too" he said his eyes sparkled while talking about music.

"What are you writing?" I asked him.

"Just some songs"

"Oh so you like music?" I asked.

"And art" I smiled shyly.

"Do you want to skip today?" He asked me.

"All of school?" I asked.

"Yeah"

"Sure. Do you have a car?" I asked.

"No I just walk" he said.

"Same"

We then walk next to each other and trying to walk out of the gate. Since it's still morning the gates are open but the security guard stands there. Once you walk in the school you ant walk out.

"Hey where do you think your going?" The security guard yells at us.

"Keep your head down so that he won't see us" Kurt whispers to me as we both look down and he grabs my hand and our fingers interlock.

"Hey get your butts back in here" he screamed.

"Run" Kurt said to me while we sprinted. I just followed him.