Chapter 2

2 Weeks Later

Kurt and I have been hanging out a lot and I think we're both starting to like each other more but maybe it's my imagination letting me think that he likes me. I get in the shower first and I wash my hair with peach smelling conditioner and I use this man body wash because I hate how people make girl body wash sweeter it's so stereotypical. I then put on my Teen Spirit deodorant. I put my undergarments on and my grey long sleeved crop sweater and a green plaid skirt with my black combat boots. I just brush my hair straight and put foundation on my face and lipgloss. I really lie Kurt a lot so I want to impress him. I grabbed my Polaroid camera and my backpack. I then grabbed a water so I would have to buy one at school but I always bring money for lunch. I then start walking to school. Even though it's almost summer it's still cold here in Seattle but I like to wear skirts. As I walk into school I see everyone looking at me and whispering about me as I sat next to Kurt in class. I have art, math, english, and history with him but that's it. The rest I don't have with him. As Kurt was coloring something with a marker I take a picture of him with my Polaroid camera. I only have black and white film because color is too expensive.

"Haha Amanda took a picture of Kurt. I mean it's not even in color, she's so poor she is a junkie homeless girl what a freak" Lindsey said and everyone laughed. She's the leader of all the mean girls and cheerleaders.

Kurt looked at me with sad eyes since he felt bad for me.

"Your so arrogant and immature. If I was homeless how could I be a junkie because that costs money." I sneer at her.

"It's not worth it" Kurt said.

"I knew freak one talked but I didn't know freak two did" Lindsey said.

"I would rather be a freak then a narcissistic person like you" I said.

"Oh you just wait till next year" Lindsey said. I rolled my eyes at her.

End Of School Day

"Can we go to your house again?" I asked.

"I hate my house lets go to yours"

"We can't my mom won't let me bring any guys in but she can." I said.

"Fine but let's like get some food or something"

"Like as a date?" I asked with a smile. Shoot why did I say that I'm so dumb and why did I smile at the end.

"Yeah" he said nervously. Oh my gosh it's a date!!!!

He takes me just to this little burger place which I really like. I order a coke and a burger. He gets a milkshake and a burger with fries.

"Do you want to maybe be my girlfriend or something?" Kurt asked. I smiled shyly.

"Yeah" I said while taking a big bite of the burger.

"Rad" he said

"Totally" I say and we both awkwardly laugh.

End Of The Last Day Of School

"Will you call me this summer?" I asked.

"I can't every summer I have to go to my dads house."

"So why can't you call me?"

"First he and my step mom are the only people that can use the phone and it's in a different state. He moved to Montana" Kurt said.

"I'll miss you" I say.

"I'll miss you too. Do you want me to walk you home? I can't stay for too long though because I have a flight out to Montana soon."

"Yeah" I say. We hold hands and walk to my house. As were standing in my steps I start to cry.

"I won't see you for two months. I'm gonna be all alone and I'll miss you" I say while tears are falling down from my eyes.

"I'll miss you too. I'll be here for senior year" he said.

"I know but what if we're not the same. What if you change?"

"I doubt I will" he says.

"I love you" he says after. I smile at him and hug him.

"I love you too" I say. He kisses me and wipes my tears. He then starts walking away.

"Wait" I scream out he turns around and jogs back.

"Let's take a picture" I say. He smiles.

My mom comes and takes a picture of me and Kurt hugging side by side as he kisses my cheek.

"Bye" I say to him.

"I love you" he says.

"I love you too" I say back. He then walks off home and I start to cry a little. I paint a bunch over the weeks and write songs and play my guitar. I miss him a lot. I wish he could call me. Everyday when I hear the phone ring I answer it quickly thinking that he will be sneaky and call me but its never him.