Chapter 3

It's been almost the whole year of Senior High School and Kurt hasn't been to school once. Either he dropped out or he goes to a different school. I just can't believe he would leave me and not say anything about it. There's only one more day left of school and then people go to college and stuff. I'm not going to college though because I just don't want too, theres no use. Im not even going to school tomorrow on the last day because I don't care. I have no friends and I haven't talked to anyone for a whole year. I'm furious at Kurt for doing that to me and in fact I hate him. The whole entire year all people would do was laugh and say, "Looks like Kurt's not coming back" and I would eat my lunch in a bathroom stall while crying. Since I didn't go to school today either I decided to go to Kurt's mom's house to just ask about him. I haven't seen her since Kurt and I were together. Obviously we're not together anymore. I put on my v-neck black long sleeve crop top, I put on my denim jeans that were low cut, and added my black converse. I then brushed out my straight hair and put lipgloss on and mascara with foundation. I then rode my bike to Kurt's mom's house because I wanted to know where he was. I started to shake while walking up to the door. I then knocked on the door.

"Amanda?" Kurt's mom, Wendy, asked me not knowing if that's who I was.

"Yeah it's me." I said.

"You look so different please come on in. I'll make you some tea." Wendy said. I walk in the house with my hands in my pockets and sit at the dining room table and she sets the tea down on the table.

"So what brings you here?" Wendy asks while pouring tea in my cup.

"I wanted to know why Kurt didn't come to school all year long and just left me all alone. I spent months and months of crying all alone."

"I thought he told you" she said.

"What?"

"He dropped out of high school and decided to be in a band. He told me you broke up with him and said you hated him." Wendy said while sipping her tea.

"I didn't break up with him and I loved him. Where is he? Does he still live here?" I asked

"Sadly no, he lives with his band members in Los Angeles, they have a gig tomorrow night at some bar called, Blues I think." she said.

"I gotta go thank you so much for the tea but I have to go" I say.

"Wait do you want the house number?" she asks.

"Sure" I say while she writes it down and hands me the piece of paper. I looked at it and it even had the area code from Los Angeles. I ride my bike home and run upstairs to my room. I buy a flight out to Los Angeles that's in an hour. I grab all the money I have which is a lot and pack my bags. Its hot in Los Angeles so I mostly brought skirts and shorts. Things like that. I then changed my pants that I was wearing to a black short pleated skirt and took my converse off wearing and put black heels on. I quickly call the number that Wendy gave me.

Phone Convo

"Hello" a girl with a raspy voice said meanly.

"Is Kurt there?" I ask.

"Who is this?" she asks.

End Of Phone Convo

I just hung up because I was too shy to say anything.

"Bye mom" I yell while running downstairs.

"Where do you think your going?" she asks.

"I'm going to go to Los Angeles" I say.

"I don't think so. Los Angeles is a very judgmental place. I know your an adult now because your 18 but honey you not ready for that."

"I am and I'm going right now so can you drive me?" I say.

"Hurry get in the car" she says.

We then drive to the airport.

"I love you stay safe and call me" she says.

"Love you too and I will" I say.

"Heres some money." She says while handing me a big load of money. It was about $30,000 and I saved myself $20,000.

"Mom I can't take this its too much"

"Take it, it was for your college but I know your not going so" she says.

"Thanks mom I love you gotta go bye." I say while running in my heels to the security lane. I quickly put the cash in my bag which made it heavier.

I quickly got on my flight and put my bag in the storage space above. I close my eyes and fell asleep while on the plane.