6.

A couple of months have passed since Cali and Jonah were told about the history between their families, and they couldn't have been any closer. It was currently homecoming week at Clark Atlanta and the crew was tailgating before the game.

Jonah smiled as he took a few pictures of Cali. He usually wasn't the type to take pictures of other people, but he loved her fit which consisted of baggy blue jeans, a white cropped top, a red and black CAU letterman's jacket, and red and white dunks. In the words of Kyran, Cali definitely put that shit on.

"What's up, yall?" One of the star basketball players, Rico said as he approached the crew.

Cali smiled. "Hey, Rico."

It was clear that Cali had a slight crush on Rodrico Mason Jr

It was clear that Cali had a slight crush on Rodrico Mason Jr. They shared an elective together and they were both from Tennessee, but he's from Chattanooga. However, he and his mother moved to Atlanta after his parents divorced when he was fifteen. He knew Asia, Kyran, and Jonah when he was in the eleventh grade and they were in the tenth.

Rico smirked. "I see you got that shit on today. You never dress like this for class!" He teased. Rico also found Cali attractive and always made sure he sat next to her in class or walked with her around campus every chance he got.

"Don't do my friend, Rodrico." Asia chimed in.

"What I tell you about that?" Rico asked. "Everybody calls me Rico except you."

Asia sucked her teeth. "You better ask my man—I ain't everybody! I'm not about to sit here and call you by your nickname! What's on your birth certificate? What do you put when you filling out that financial aid application, nigga?"

"I'm on a scholarship, girl." Rico retorted.

Cali, Jonah, and Kyran were currently cracking up at the two of them. Rico and Asia have been bickering since they met in high school.

"Boy, fuck you and your scholarship." Asia said.

"Aye, y'all chill." Kyran said who was still laughing.

"Yeah, chill before I don't invite you over to my stepdad's tent." Rico told her.

"Oh, shit. I didn't know he was here." Jonah said as he rushed over to the tent.

"Hold on, man." Kyran said while grabbing Asia's hand and following behind Jonah.

Rico shook his head before turning his attention to Cali. "You got any plans later on?" He asked her.

"Umm, I know they want to go party with the Ques but I don't know if I want to go." Cali replied.

"Why not?" Rico said.

"Parties aren't my scene." Cali told him.

"Aight, I understand." Rico sighed. "I have to be there since I am an Omega man; however, I do want to see your pretty face before the night is over. How about we meet up before the party and grab a bite to eat?"