13.

"Cali Moana." Karis said as Cali walked into the kitchen. "Good morning, sunshine."

Cali smiled. "Good morning, mommy."

"So, I was looking at the ring camera this morning—just like I do every morning—and I see this." Karis said, handing Cali her phone.

Cali played the video and gasped when she saw Jonah kissing her. "Mommy, I—"

"It's okay. We all expected it seeing the way yall interact. Your dad never checks the cameras unless the alarm goes off, so you're fine." Karis assured her.

Cali furrowed her eyebrows. "Y'all expected it?"

"We can tell that y'all like each other. Your brother was the one who pointed it out." Karis chuckled. "He may be silly, but he is no dummy."

"You're not mad that we like each other?" Cali questioned.

"Absolutely not. I honestly think it's beautiful and I'm excited to see what the future holds. Maybe it will rekindle some relationships and maybe this was meant to be. I love it." Karis told her.

Cali smiled. "Thank you, mommy."

"You're welcome, tink tink."

"Sorry if I'm interrupting anything." Eva said as she walked in the kitchen. "I want to thank you and Mr. Tagaloa for allowing me to stay the night." Eva opted to stay the night, and Taylor made sure the guest room was fixed up for her.

"Of course, Eva. You're always welcomed. Would you like to stay for breakfast?" Karis asked.

"Umm, I'm not sure what you have. I'm currently on some dietary restrictions due to my diabetes." Eva replied.

"Oh, that's right." Karis said. She forgot that Tristan had to buy certain foods to fit Eva's diet for game night last night. "I plan on making some omelets so I can make you a veggie omelet with egg whites."

"Oh—I don't want to put you through that much trouble." Eva said.

"Sit down, Eva." Tristan interjected as he pulled out a chair to the kitchen table.

"I was just saying that I—"

"Aht, aht! Sit down." Tristan fussed.

Karis and Cali couldn't help but laugh. It was cute to see Tristan caring for Eva. "It's no trouble at all, Eva." Karis reassured her. "You're perfectly fine."

"So, Eva." Cali said, getting her attention. "What's your major? I remember daddy asking yesterday, but I didn't get it."

"Secondary education mathematics." Eva replied.

"Oh okay, that's—"

"Tristan!" Taylor yelled from upstairs, scaring everyone.

"Damn, I'm caught!" Tristan exclaimed as he ran to hide.

Karis furrowed her eyebrows as she looked at Cali. "What'd he do?"

Cali shrugged because she didn't know either. She looked at Eva who giggled as she shrugged as well. Whatever happened, they'll figure it out eventually.

-

Jonah smirked as he leaned on his car while watching Cali walk towards him. She was dressed in a Memphis Grizzlies hoodie with baggy cargo jeans that were not so baggy and hugged her curves nicely along with light blue, black, and white ones. Her braids were in a half updo to keep her hair out of her face.

On the other hand, Jonah was wearing an Atlanta Hawks hoodie with jeans and red and black ones. He paired the fit with a Hawks trucker style hat. Their outfits were not planned whatsoever.