18.

LJ screamed as he ran to Cali as fast as he could. It was finally Christmas break, and Cali will be in Memphis for the next two and a half weeks.

"Auntie!" LJ yelled as he jumped into Cali's arms.

"Hey my baby." Cali said, kissing his cheeks.

"I'm so sick of y'all." Zuri joked. "Boy, move so I can say hey to my baby sister."

LJ laughed. "No ma'am, mommy!"

Cali laughed as well as she kissed LJ again. "I need to talk to your mommy. Go watch cartoons, okay? I'll be in there soon."

Cali placed LJ on his feet and he did as told. Cali and Zuri hugged before they went into the kitchen and sat at the kitchen table. "What's going on, girl?" Zuri asked.

"Umm, remember when I called you about how I saw Micah face to face and it was awkward?"

Zuri nodded. "Yeah, why?"

"So after we got off the phone, Jonah came over and one thing led to some other things. Long story short—he ate my cat." Cali said nervously, making Zuri gasp. "Please don't do that because I'm coming to you for advice."

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry—continue." Zuri said.

"After that, he has went down on me a few more times and I enjoy it. However, I do want to take things further." Cali told her.

"Like penetration?" Zuri asked.

"I hate that word, but yes." Cali answered.

"Okay, if you feel like you're ready then you should just ask him. Or when y'all are in the moment, allow him to do his thing then initiate it. Tug down on his pants or something." Zuri replied.

Zuri wasn't about to tell Cali to wait until marriage because she didn't wait until marriage to have sex. Besides, Cali has already received oral from him—what's the harm of going a little further?

"You make it sound easy." Cali said.

Zuri giggled. "I'm a married woman with a two year old, of course it's easy for me."

Cali laughed. "It can't be too easy because I still don't have my niece yet."

"Girl, do I look like your mama and daddy? I'm not having two kids back to back—yall gotta wait until he's at least six." Zuri replied, making Cali laugh harder.

"Not you dissing our parents." Cali said.

"I sure am." Zuri said as she stood up and walked over to her purse that was sitting on the counter. She took out her wallet and pulled out a twenty dollar bill. "Just to make sure you don't end up like us at the age of nineteen, I'm giving you some funds to go towards a pack of condoms. Trojans non latex—thank me later."

"You took this better than expected." Cali commented as she took the twenty.

Zuri shrugged. "I knew it was going to happen one day, and I can't stop you because you've made up your mind. I just want you to do it safely."

"Thank you—but don't tell daddy."

"Baby, I would never." Zuri said.

"Auntie!" LJ called out from the living room.

Zuri chuckled. "Girl, your bestie is waiting on you."

"Let me go before he tries to fight me." Cali said as she stood up.

-

Karis opened the door and gave Killian a small smile. She allowed him inside and they sat down on the couch. Karis decided to allow him to come over instead. She felt like they had too many hurt feelings to meet in public. Tristan and Taylor ended up going to Afa and Vale's house to give them time to themselves.